Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Nutritional Information Rounds Values Down

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've started to record my food to try and get an idea of what I'm eating, when and what it contains. All in an effort to try and clean up my diet a bit and understand what I'm taking in. 

What I've noticed is that on any custom food I add the FitBit app doesn't like decimal numbers and always rounds down. So any values of x.1 - x.9 get rounded down to x. 0.1g becomes 0g. 12.9g becoms 12g. This is really not helpful as that is a large difference in macronutrients. After a check of the values on existing food (as in the ones you search for in the database) all of these also only contain rounded numbers.

In an app that is supposed to be recording this I cannot understand why it doesn't seem to like decimal numbers! I've checked and it seems a number of people have found this same issue in the past so does FitBit want to do something about this or do I go and get a better app for monitoring this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Big difference? That is an exaggeration. Today I have 10 entries. 280g carbs 118g proteins. Maximum error source gives 271g carbs 109g proteins. It will never be completely accurate, and the fact that decimals are not recorded is hardly the biggest source of error.

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes