Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Plan inaccurate?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have added a food plan feature on my fitbit, set to easy (-250 calories/day). When I open my app I see my calories left to eat for the day in the little meter. When I click on it to add a food item the number left is different. The one that shows up on my dashboard doesn't follow the food plan i set up but when i open it, it does. Why? It makes it very confusing and I don't like having the surprise of a different number when I'm trying really hard to do this all right. 

When I log in online i noticed the numbers were even more off. online, my dashboard says 2,188 calories burned, but under the log tab it says I have burned 2,225 calories and can still eat 678 calories. Having already eaten 1,547 calories. Why is my calorie burn higher online and neither app showing the proper food plan? I'm getting very frustrated with this and its only been a couple days. 

Also, yes I have it set to just the -250 calories and not a specific number of calories.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Your calorie burn will adjust automatically throughout the day; how much if varies will depend on your physical activity. What this means is that you can earn additional calories through exercise; it's up to you if you want to use them or not. 

I tend to stick to the food calorie limit and not simply eat more because it says I can eat more. 

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know how to count my calories. What I'm confused about is why when I have the food plan set up, does it not show the right amount of calories I have left in the app.

For example if I have burned 2,000, and eaten 1,500, it SHOULD show me that I have 250 left because I chose for it to use the -250cal/day plan. Instead it shows the full 500 calories left, which is incorrect with the plan in place. Why?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Calorie burn is dynamic, it's also trying to predict your movements for the rest of the day as you are burning calories even when sleeping.

It's difficult to explain; there are complex algorithms in place. 

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes