Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food logging - cannot add food (Android)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

Trying to use the fitbit food plan.  Some of the foods I want to add are not on the database so I am trying to add these manually.  I have found two problems with this -

Firstly - if I try to add the food details on the detailed view, the decimal point button does not work, so I cannot add the food breakdown.

Secondly - if I scan a barcode that doesn't exist in your database, I get the message - "Not found.  Want to help out?  We can add this item to the database with a few simple photos"  However when I try to click on the message to help to add the product, nothing happens.

Please could you help with these two items,  I see so many people using My Fitness Pal instead of the Fitbit Food Plan - I really wanted to be able to use the one app and have it all on the Fitbit app, so really hopeful that you can fix these bits or tell me where I am going wrong so that I can use the app for food.

Thanks very much in advance

Liz

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello there my friend @lizalex. Thank you for share your thoughts about the Fitbit app. Note that if you are trying to add custom food on your app, indeed it doesn't let you use the decimal point so you can approximate the amount of calories or as workaround; most of the times I use my online Dashboard to add food, since it allow me to add more nutritional factsof the food.

food.png

You can access here from a computer or from your web browser on your phone following the link I left above. To add food enter the food and in the drop list you will see an option to enter New Food.

f2.png

About the barcode note that the option is not working since on your device since most probably you are using an international food data base and this is only available for the US Food data base. As far as I know our teams are working to have this feature available but don't have an estimated availability date. To vote for this feature in our community, please visit https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Barcode-Scanning-for-International-Food-Databases/i...

Hope this information help. Let me know if I can share something else with you.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello there my friend @lizalex. Thank you for share your thoughts about the Fitbit app. Note that if you are trying to add custom food on your app, indeed it doesn't let you use the decimal point so you can approximate the amount of calories or as workaround; most of the times I use my online Dashboard to add food, since it allow me to add more nutritional factsof the food.

food.png

You can access here from a computer or from your web browser on your phone following the link I left above. To add food enter the food and in the drop list you will see an option to enter New Food.

f2.png

About the barcode note that the option is not working since on your device since most probably you are using an international food data base and this is only available for the US Food data base. As far as I know our teams are working to have this feature available but don't have an estimated availability date. To vote for this feature in our community, please visit https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Barcode-Scanning-for-International-Food-Databases/i...

Hope this information help. Let me know if I can share something else with you.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
I looked at the voting link and voted but agree. MyFitnessPal has an amazing database added to by the public. Please let your database grow in the same way. You'll keep so many more interested people
Best Answer

I add food but it does not show up after in searches. What gives?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s a monumental pain no longer having the decimal point to create a custom food.  When I first got my Fitbit, around August 2019, the decimal point was available when creating custom foods via the app, since about March this year, I have to open the website, it’s a real shame this option is no longer available via the app, in act I’m left wondering why the option to creat custom food is still available in the app, if you can’t use it except if you have a bar code on an item you happen to have in your database.  This is extremely irritating and when it comes time to get a new tracker, I’m afraid Fitbit won’t be at the top of my list!

Best Answer