Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing me to login to see Fitbit data on Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey, folks!

You know, I always used to be able to see my Fitbit data on my Android phone WITHOUT logging in!  Now, the data greedy buzzards want to associate my data with a name and with a recent change to the app, I can't see my data without logging in first.  Point one: it's MY data, and I have the right to view it anytime I want without having to jump through this extra hoop.  Point two: in case you hadn't realized, it's annoying as hell to be presented with a login screen that doesn't AT LEAST give me a way around logging in, like a "no thanks" button.  I suggest it might be better to revert to the old app (no login necessary).  On another note, don't update my app automatically!  That is also annoying as hell.  If I can't view my data, I'm sure as hell not logging in to see it because I don't want my data to be connected with me through a login.  If you can't or won't change things, I'll grind my Blaze to powder before I log in, and I'll never buy another one.  Wake up!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

The only way you will be able to setup your device was to create a fitbit account. Your account was created in August of 2017. The only way you can see your fitbit data in your cloud account is by logging into your fitbit account. 

The only way that you could post in this community is by first logging into your Fitbit account. 

The Fitbit app does not store any of your dad, all of your data is stored in the Fitbit cloud services. 

Your cloud account is linked with your email address, not your name. 

Nothing about this has changed in the last 12 -13 years. 

What did change is that the app or phone IS was changed enough that the app logged you out. 

Best Answer