Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS Exercise Tracking has stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Up until recently (last week) I've not had any issue using the app GPS Exercise tracker (for walks or runs). 

As of the weekend this has stopped working.  I follow the normal steps to start it (gps on, launch exercise tracking) and start my walk / run.

It looks like it working in as much that the timer starts and a pace number comes up but that's it.  I've tried on 4 occasions now and had the following issues:

- completely incorrect distance tracked (far too short) 

- map generated which matches the data but doesn't look anything like my route (only covers first part and then wrong)

- no map generated 

- almost 0 exercise tracked

I've disconnected then reconnected my fitbit (not sure why this would help as  trying to use the app GPS tracker) 

I've uninstalled then reinstalled the app.

I am not pausing my activity, I have good GPS and am on the latest version of the app.

It seems strange this is happening since the latest app update time? 

Please contact me to get this fixed! 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue! Same for my sister in law. Checked in App under excercise settings and it shows that GPS  will not track ... for walking, running, etc. No way to change that!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m experiencing the same issue. No map produced and distance covered quite short. Anyone know how to resolve? Was fine until just over a week ago? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

May I ask what model trackers. 

Are you using the trackers GPS or connected to the phones GPS? 

Do you see the message Connecting? 

Does the tracker ever say Connected? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a “Sense” and using its GPS not my phone. Was all good until just over a week ago ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes