Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy 8 not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone I got a new Samsung galaxy 8 phone. And I can't not sync to my Bluetooth.  So I need some help thanks 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Missy M. as@ nkotblove
Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @nkotblove.

That sounds quite bothersome. 

I'd recommend that you try to follow the steps on this help article. It should definitely help you get your Fitbit to sync.

In the meantime, I'd like to ask what Galaxy 8 phone is the one that you have? Is it a Note 8 or S8? If it is a Note 8, it is currently not a supported device so that would explain why it won't sync.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please advise how the Note 8 is not supported? This is the device I have and I just purchased a FitBit (not yet opened). When I look on the devices page, it indicates the features compatible with the Note 8 are:

• Mobile Run
  • Exercise Calendar
  • Earn Badges
  • Track Exercise
  • Exercise Sharing
  • All-Day Activity
  • Sleep Goals & Tools
  • Log Food
  • Multi-Tracker Support
  • Measure Hydration
  • Challenge Friends & Family
  • Stay Connected
  • Reach Weight Goals
  • Goal Notifications
  • Call & Text Notifications
  • Calendar Alerts
  • Music Control

The last 4 on the list are functions which would require the use of Bluetooth, would they not? With all of these features listed, it leads me to believe my phone is supported. If this isn't the case, how can a customer tell what is and isn't supported? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @COMoose.

I definitely understand your frustration.

I'd like to let you know that while the devices page indicate a 'Galaxy Note 8.0' it is not referring to the phone 'Note 8'. It is referring to a Samsung tablet, called Note 8.0' released back in 2013. All of the Galaxy Note phones are listed with the proper name and do not add any .0, or anything of the sort.

I hope this clarifies the situation. If there are any further questions, please let me know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. Since the Note 8 isn't necessarily "supported", is this why I'm experiencing issues with my Charge 2 not tracking my distance correctly? I can walk over 10k steps in a day and it says I walked less than a quarter of a mile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @COMoose.

Not necessarily. The incompatibility of the Note 8 shouldn't affect the tracking capabilities of the Charge 2. Having said that, it could be that the Fitbit hasn't synced recently and this the Dashboard shows that you have walked less distance. Since the phone is not compatible, sync issues might happen and lead to this.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer

I just got the Galaxy 8plus and it will not sync with my blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Judy28, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community!

I got the same phone as you and I been able to use all the features of the app and the tracker with no issues. So, I would like to offer you my help and if the issue persists; please give it a try to the following suggestions: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

Keep me posted how it goes. I'll be around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes