Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 8 syncing issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else having trouble syncing galaxy note 8 with the Charge2. I have been trying for hours and it won't sync. The tracker Is paired with my phone but it won't sync to The app

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Same problem with my Charge 2 not syncing with my Andoid phone or tablet. Try this, it usually works for me. Good luck!

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get my Fitbit to sync to my Samsung Note 8 any more.  I have had this phone/fitbit combo for about a month now. Up until this weekend it worked well.  No notifications...  No sync....  Now it is junk.

I have tried everything....   I removed the device added it back.  Turned my Surge off and on multiple times. I have changed every setting I can find.   My Fitbit Surge will only sync after a device delete and re-add.  Once I have done that it will not sync again until I delete and re-add it.

No I am not connected to another bluetooth device.  Yes I have All Day sync on.  Yes both of my devices are fully charged.  Yes after I delete the device I unpair my bluetooth from my phone.  Yes I have given the Fitbit app all permissions. The app is version 2.62.1 which I installed this morning in attempt to fix the sync.

This started after a security update to my Note 8. 

Best Answer
Try uninstalling and reiinsyalling the app. It eventually worked for me.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That did it! Thank you that was more help than customer support.

Best Answer
0 Votes
😀😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't sync my Alta Fit it to my Note 8. I've restarted my Bluetooth and phone several times and it still won't work

Best Answer
Try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it. I did that and then how to sync a couple of times and then it's worked fine since then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KepolaM welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for sharing this suggestion on this thread @Deekay4! My apologies for being absent since I'm being reviewing other threads too.

@KepolaM did you tried the suggestion of uninstall the app and reinstall it again? How it goes, is the issue still persisting? Did you tried the steps from this post: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

I'll be looking forward to your comments. See you soon.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had another issue again this weekend. I finally discovered that if your battery is low, it will not sync either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Deekay4. Thank you for letting me know this. Definitely, the battery charge is an important thing to bear in mind at the moment to sync. A low charge will not be enough in some occasions for your tracker to communicate and upload your data. So make sure your tracker is low in charge to have an stable connection.

See you later and stay awesome.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't get it to sync with anything...my PC, laptop or my phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is fully charged and it won't sync with any of my devices. It used to, but now it will not. I've spent too much time trying to get it to work.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try uninstalling the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @KepolaM, how it goes so far, is the issue still persisting?  Did you try the suggestion kindly shared by @Deekay4.

My apologies for not posting any update during this holidays, but I was double checking around and I noticed your Alta does not show as a paired device on your Community profile @KepolaM. Have you reviewed if your tracker is pair to your account? This will be a good explanation of why your tracker is not syncing with any of your devices. If that is the case the following video will you some extra help.

See you until the next opportunity!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine syncs phone calls but not texts for some reason.  I have tried all the above.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem I have the Fitbit ionic and a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I've been trying to setup my Fitbit for the last 3 days and it isn't working. it says fitbit.com is unavailable please try again later. I've uninstalled the app re-installed it , restarted my phone and it still doesn't work. can someone please advise how to fix this? it's a new Fitbit so it hasn't been synced to any other device before

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just keep my location and Bluetooth on and then just keep trying to sync. Eventually it will do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI, Mine has been working fine for a while now.  I would reboot your phone and watch at the same time.

If that does not work, I would clear the cache and settings on the app, remove the app, reboot the phone and watch, reinstall and re-login to the app, then see if it works

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having issues with my Ionic and Galaxy Note 8, after resetting the fitbit, uninstalling the app and reinstalling it and a number of attempts, I was getting an error code and retry or cancel option over and over, after restarting my phone, everything sync'd easily.  

Best Answer
0 Votes