Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Note 8 wouldn't sync with Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I also am not getting a constant sync with the Bluetooth on my Note 8. Notifications, weather, it wont track my steps on the phone. I've called fitbit twice, reset, re-started, etc. It worked fine for 2 wks - then problems.  After many attempts finally syncing for a few days then stopped. Very frustrating - Fitbit just tells me versa was not tested with my phone and I sh return versa. I went to the geek squad - who said they've heard a lot of the same issues with other phones & it should all sort itself out with constant upgrades of the phone and fitbit. I am not sure how long that will be. I just unpaired my Blaze and the versa synced right away... fingers crossed

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Forums @Tessieskid.

Thank you very much for trying all of those steps to get it to work and for sharing the experience that you've had. Glad to read that it seems to be working at the time. Let me help you understand what is going on.

Like you mentioned, the Note 8 is currently is not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone. As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it

This could explain part of what is going on. Additionally, it is possible that you Blaze had bonded to your Note 8 and that was preventing the connection between the phone and the Versa from going through. That would explain why it started syncing after you removed the Blaze, it started working. Hopefully it continued to work without any hiccups.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is currently at least syncing the steps and weather with Bluetooth on phone. But not the test and calls – that worked once, then no more.
Very frustrating since it is not an outdated phone – why should it be different than any other phone?
How do I know if it is android 4.4 or Bluetooth 4.0 & can I update it to make sure?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Tessieskid.

Thanks for reaching back to me.

The Note 8 definitely fulfills the minimum requirements so I wouldn't worry about that specific part. Maybe you could try to follow the steps in this help article to help with the notifications.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the Note 8 is not a supported device, what can be done to assist with syncing?

Best Answer