Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App won't sync with wifi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Same here yesterday my ap won't sync or find my tracker. Had to uninstall and reinstall and re-add my tracker for it to function again. after further troubleshooting, realised it cannot sync over wifi, only mobile. This is for my android Sony Xperia C5 Ultra, which was perfectly find before yesterday. Everything works fine on my iPad and my wife's iPhone.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@bernard04 thanks for stopping by! Well, that sounds pretty unusual. Have you checked that the wifi network you are connected to has working internet signal? Do let me know!

I also recommend restarting your Sony Xperia C5 Ultra. You might want to make sure that your Android device is compatible with the Fitbit app by clicking this link. Please note that Bluetooth 4.0 is required for Fitbit trackers to sync.

Also, you may have noticed that I moved your post from the iOS App board to the Android App board as you are experiencing issues syncing with your Android app instead of the iOS App. Also this will help you get more relevant info related to the issue you are experiencing. Thanks for your help in keeping the Community a tidy and organized place. Smiley Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

This problem exists with quite a few Android phones, @bernard04 - the Bluetooth and WiFi conflict with each other, and the phone will not allow data from the Bluetooth to be passed through the WiFi. On some phones, it is necessary to disable the WiFi before you can sync the fitbit over Bluetooth. This is a phone hardware/firmware issue, and not a Fitbit problem.

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry thanks for that clarification! I was sure this had something to do with Phone hardware/firmware issue rather than a Fitbit problem. Anyways, thanks again for stopping by and for this additional info! 

Keep it up. Smiley HappyHeart

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you Larry.  This is very helpful to know as I was pulling my hair out over this issue....syncs fine using phone's data connection....won't sync using wifi.  Phone is Pixel 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes