Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10e not Tracking Miles

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ran a half marathon on Sunday and Fitbit only credited me with 10 miles.  It's always been pretty accurate.  Also no longer vibrates when I get a text.  Is this all due to the S10e/Fitbit compatibility issue I've read about in other posts?  I don't much care about the texts as much as I want the mileage accurate.  It was rainy and overcast so I don't know if that was the issue.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @HLC1970.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing all of those details on the situation.

I'd like to ask you some questions to better understand the situation:

• Are you using only your S10e to track or are you using a Fitbit device?
  • If the latter, which one are you using?
  • If the former, are you using MobileTrack (your phone to count steps) or are you using the GPS functionality to track the marathon?

As for the notifications, my recommendation would be try following the steps listed in this help article. While the issue there is definitely related to the phone being supported we cannot guarantee that it will work.

Let me know how it goes. I look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tapped the Fitbit "Run" under workouts to track my run, and then I had Strava turned on on my phone which was in my pocket.  It was very rainy and overcast, if that matters.  Samsung health won't allow me to add my Fitbit steps manually, so I turned on Strava so Samsung Health would take my steps from it.

Today my Fitbit started vibrating when I got a text so I will see if it continues to work, but I will read the tips to make sure I set up everything right.  Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @HLC1970.

Thanks for sharing those details on the situation and letting me know that the notifications seem to be working correctly.

It is very possible that the GPS connection was not optimal because of the weather conditions that day. Very cloudy or rainy days can cause the connection to not be stable enough so that could explain what happened. If you could test it on a day with better weather, it will be much more accurate.

In the meantime please let me know what Fitbit is it that you are using.

I look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Versa

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @HLC1970.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. 

If you do have the time be sure to try testing the GPS connection on a day with clearer skies. That should improve the information that syncs and that is reported to your account.

Let me know if there are any other questions on the matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes