Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8+ and Blaze, Zero Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Your site says my phone is compatible... But I've had this thing 2 weeks, and get no notifications at all. I've posted many complaints on every forum I can find.  I've done every thing the help information says to do, ....but I get nothing on my Blaze.  I suspect it's been abandoned now by Fitbit for the pricier Ionic.  Is there really any hope for fixing this?  Neither the Blaze, nor the S8+ is new.... By this time, there should be no problems!! . I'm not looking for promises... I'm expecting this thing to do what it was advertised to do. I'd really hate to send this back to Amazon. Can't someone take this issue seriously???

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I have to exact same problem I have spent nearly an hour on the phone to Fitbit Support and they have not been able to resolve the issue with any of the normal troubleshooting steps.  The only solution now is they are sending a replacement device so we will see if that is going to work. I am sorry you are also having the same troubles but thought I would share my experience as it seems we are not alone with this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the input.... They told me it's Samsung's problem.  So I'm returning it to Amazon today, before it's too late to return it.  If I read of a fix, I may buy it again. 

⁣             Life is short,....don't forget to enjoy the journey!​
Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone keep me posted... I've tried it all, called Fitbit,... Messaged Fitbit, ... And the best they offer,... (Though in one comment they say they have this issue fixed.... Then in the very next comment they say Samsung needs to address their Bluetooth issue). So, rather than be stuck in the middle, I'm returning it to Amazon today.  If I hear they have this fixed, perhaps I'll buy it again.  You would think things like this would be solved. BEFORE a company releases their products.  Especially when you read zero about this issue in any of their ads about the Blaze.  It's like "hey we won't tell you till AFTER you've bought this thing, that half of it's features don't work.".  If I wanted to risk spending MORE money and try the Ionic I would,... But I passed on it due to reviews I read about software issues with it right out of the gate.   Maybe it's time to look harder at Samsung Gear.

Best Answer

I have samsung 8+ and it works for me. I just updated the phone and its working... I have blaze and got all notification I chosed.

Best Answer
I'm pleased for you hopefully my replacement from fitbit will do the same. I have an S8 not S8+ not sure if that's the difference. 

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer
0 Votes
That shouldn't be any difference.  Other than a larger screen, and bigger battery, there are no difference between the two.  Keep me posted, if you would please!

⁣             Life is short,....don't forget to enjoy the journey!​
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same trouble. It is horrible. No pairing with s8, not synching, time and date problem, it is causing more stress than the convenience it should give. 

Best Answer

Can you return it and hope it will be fixed?  Amazon came and actually picked mine up yesterday morning, already been credited for the whole order.   I'm looking at other trackers too.   In the meantime, I've got on my original Fitbit charge HR.  I got a call yesterday and it notified me on my wrist.  If it worked on the basic model, you would think it would work on the Blaze.  And yet, they say it's my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought mine from fitbit as an upgrade to a less than 12mth old faulty charge HR. I am going to see if the replacement works and if not will Ask for a refund and probably upgrade my phone and get and Apple watch instead ! Glad you are getting notifications on you old fitbit now. 

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi.
The + is only rhe size of the phone. I shouldnt have anything to say...

Sendt fra min Samsung Galaxy-smarttelefon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Huh? I have no idea what your comment means.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi.

It doesnt matter if its S8+ ore only S8..its just size and battery…
Try to upgrade your phone

Mvh

Siv Anita Krokstad
Barnehagelærer
[logo-leksdalok0001.JPG]
Et godt sted å være liten
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. I spent 1 hr. with FitBit trouble shooting everything under the sun to have them tell me this is a Samsung problem and that they are "hopeful" that Samsung will push a fix for the S8+ sooner than later to fix this issue.  Pretty disappointed in FitBit right now

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Silkylead Hello! Thanks for participating in the Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that you had some difficulty receiving notifications on your Blaze with your Samsung Galaxy S8+ device. As you mentioned, the Samsung Galaxy S8+ is included in our Support devices page. However, there are known issues with Notifications that I have provided an update for in my post here. I hope you can give the Blaze another try in the future and I'm sorry it didn't work out this time around. If there are any changes or updates on this topic, I will make them known here on the Android or Blaze board. 

To prevent duplicate threads, I'm going to close this thread from new replies. I appreciate everyone's cooperation. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes