Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Samsung S9 Text Messages on Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When i did the initial setup, i received 1 test message on my Versa from my Galaxy S9.  Since then, I see emails, phone calls, social media, etc.  However, I cannot get text messages.  I have been through the forums here and cannot find a step that will help.  Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Sn update has caused issues.   They don't know when (or if) it will be fixed.

Best Answer

I did find one work around, apparently when my messages were being delivered to my phone, it was opening as a preview on my lock screen and since the message was no longer treated as new, would not deliver.  As a work around I have disabled preview messages.  Now I get the notification on my fitbit, but cant view the message on my fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit 3.0 update seems to have broken text notifications.  Going back to version 2.95 seems to fix the issue.  Its a little technical to roll back, but can be done.  Add me as a friend and email me.  I can send the steps.

Best Answer

Could you post them on here? I think that is why my text messages arent showing up anymore. But when I send a message it sends a preveiw to my watch...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay....on your phone - go to Google Play and turn off automatic updates for apps.

Uninstall the current fitbit app.

On the phone, open a web browser and search for A....P......K.....mirror (remove the dots)

Download and install. Your phone is going to complain about installing from an unknown source. Give the install permissions.

Open the app. Search for Fitbit. Look for Fitbit 2.95 released on June 17th. Download it. Go to your downloads folder on the phone. Then install it.

Try the text messages. Let me know if you have questions.

Best Answer
Awesome thanks ill try that!Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You are welcome.  email me if you run into any issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked, thank you, had to install version 2.95

Best Answer

Glad it worked.  2.95 seems to be the magic version.  Just make sure the app doesn't update in the Android Store.  At least until they fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I was trying everything to get my messages to work. Doing this made it work! Thanks for posting this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to k ow how to roll back to previous update to be able to get texts again on my s9+.  Please email with solution stumpy69_96@hotmail.com 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nickiep wrote:

Thank you! I was trying everything to get my messages to work. Doing this made it work! Thanks for posting this.

You are welcome.  Glad to hear it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stumpy61204 wrote:

I would love to k ow how to roll back to previous update to be able to get texts again on my s9+.  Please email with solution stumpy69_96@hotmail.com 

Just emailed you.

Here are the steps as well:

Okay....on your phone - go to Google Play and turn off automatic updates for apps.

Uninstall the current fitbit app.

On the phone, open a web browser and search for A....P......K.....mirror (remove the dots)

Download and install. Your phone is going to complain about installing from an unknown source. Give the install permissions.

Open the app. Search for Fitbit. Look for Fitbit 2.95 released on June 17th. Download it. Go to your downloads folder on the phone. Then install it.

Try the text messages. Let me know if you have questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Shut the front door! This forking worked! THANKS!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does work with the Versa2 as there is no access to Alexa 

Best Answer
0 Votes