Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Assistant stopped being available

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, just wondering if anybody has my same problem and can offer a solution. I am in Italy and had no problem using the Google assistant just until now. I simply had to change to a new phone and now when I go on the fitbit app the Google Assistant is "not available in my area". I am always in the same city and in the same language (Italian). I factory reset my Versa 3 and did all the updates and uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, to no avail. 

I am currently using Android latest firmware for both app and Versa 3

Thanks to anyone that can provide help

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My settings are the following, on my Android 11 phone:

Android language: Portuguese

Google assistant language: English AND Portuguese (apparently, it's  important that the top language is english)

Fitbit app: Portuguese (always the same as the android system language). Auto localization OFF and select USA (as image above)

This allows me to speak to my versa on both languages.

One other thing: a couple of days ago this stoped working, but it was due to the fact that I was a beta tester for the google app, and there had been an update that broke everything. When I went back to the normal non-beta app, everything worked again.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Claudiodes  from this - click to read - Fitbit plans on Italy having this feature early 2021. Might be too soon for it to be there.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hey, thanks for answering. I had it on my previous phone and worked fine. It just happened to stop when I changed my phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Claudio,

Try changing your location in the app, to USAScreenshot_2021-02-12-10-45-59-976_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg, as per the picture.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @lfgalvao

thanks for the help. The tile now appears to be selectable (I also changed the phone language to English) but however it now sais "My region language is not supported" which is all English, so strike me as surpised.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My settings are the following, on my Android 11 phone:

Android language: Portuguese

Google assistant language: English AND Portuguese (apparently, it's  important that the top language is english)

Fitbit app: Portuguese (always the same as the android system language). Auto localization OFF and select USA (as image above)

This allows me to speak to my versa on both languages.

One other thing: a couple of days ago this stoped working, but it was due to the fact that I was a beta tester for the google app, and there had been an update that broke everything. When I went back to the normal non-beta app, everything worked again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Claudiodes when you changed phones, did you simply install the Fitbit app onto the new phone and logged in? There was no reason to setup the tracker again. 

I'm wondering how Google was removed. 

Best Answer

Apparently I had to set the Google assistant exactly like this: first language English and second language Italian. As soon as I set it up like this it worked fine, thank you!

Best Answer