Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 3A not supported

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

Here is the chat I had this morning with a Fitbit support person. This thread isn't positive but hopefully it will help someone.

Short story my Google Pixel 3a and Charge 2 had synced perfectly before the Fitbit App updated on Sept 30th.  My wife's Google Pixel 3a and Altra HR synced perfectly before the Fitbit App updated on Sept 30th. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the details provided and the steps tried on your own. Let me clarify that the Fitbit app is compatible with most popular phones and tablets. To verify if your mobile device meets the compatibility requirements, please click here.

If you're having issues to sync or keep your Fitbit device connected, I'd recommend trying the troubleshooting steps described in this help article.

To keep threads on topic or tailed to a specific topic, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. If you have another question, I'd invite you to visit our Help Site or start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

here is something a moderator posted about phones being compatible:

"Please note that your phone or tablet is not on our list of compatible devices. We confirmed that the devices on this list are fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device. 

We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. Be sure to verify that your phone or tablet meets the minimum operating system requirements.

If your phone supports Bluetooth 4.0, we provide assistance and troubleshooting steps. Because your phone or tablet is not fully compatible with Fitbit devices, we can't guarantee syncing and other Fitbit features. "

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit support and they told me the same but did not connect it to the update of the Fitbit App on Sep 30.  However, my Charge 2 stopped syncing on Oct 2, 2020 so that was likely the cause.  I removed the device from the app and now cannot pair the device.  The support person had no solution and said that Google Pixel 3a is not supported by any Fitbit device.  I will now take any new Fitbit devices off of my Christmas list and recommend other Google Pixel 3a owners do the same as Fitbit does not support them.  This is a trend as I had an Aria scale that failed once you replaced the batteries and had to set up the wi-fi a second time.  This was also "unsupported." 

Best Answer

This is absolutely ridiculous! I also have a Pixel 3a and syncing was also working perfectly up until 25th September 2020 for me. It hasn't syncing since and in order to try and fix it, I unpaired it on the app but now it won't pair again.

It seems laziness on the developers part (and I'm a software developer) because the devices obviously can find each other - when you try to pair the device, the watch vibrates and shows the pairing code, but then the app hangs trying to pair it.

As for the 3a not being on the list of compatible devices... it literally has all the other Pixel devices on that list, going all the way back to the original Pixel... so not sure what's going on there.

Best Answer

I just charged up my old Charge 2 and am so disappointed that Fitbit broke compatibility with my Pixel 3a. I get the exact same behavior from it. The device gives me a code, bit pairing never completes. This really stinks Fitbit, you just lost a customer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 and pixel 2 phone were last synced in June 2021 and now it they will not even pair or sync.

What has changed?  Too bad that I wanted to use the tracker again and now it it useless.

Thanks for updating something and warranting my device as garbage now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update - through more research on another site, I found that you can download the fitbit app and link your account to it.  Following that the app and pixel 2 still did not sync, so I deleted the app from my phone.  I used my chromebook to download the app and sync the tracker (a different android device!).

Crazy waste of my time, but now I have the correct date and time on my fitbit and can access the data.

😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try downloading the fitbit app onto a different device and then signing in through it.  I personally used my chromebook to do so, after struggling for quite some time to try all of the other tricks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

And this customer too.  I love the food/calorie tracking here, but if I have to upgrade my phone I'm taking the Apple deal and getting the apple watch instead. I'm tired of always having trouble with my fitbit working properly. I mean seriously google owns both so why in the world wouldn't they keep their phones and watches compatible. Stupid on their part.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the details provided and the steps tried on your own. Let me clarify that the Fitbit app is compatible with most popular phones and tablets. To verify if your mobile device meets the compatibility requirements, please click here.

If you're having issues to sync or keep your Fitbit device connected, I'd recommend trying the troubleshooting steps described in this help article.

To keep threads on topic or tailed to a specific topic, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. If you have another question, I'd invite you to visit our Help Site or start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes