Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel Watch 2 GPS data missing

Just took my Pixel Watch 2 LTE for its first parkrun today and recorded on it on Fitbit exercise. I don't have data on the watch but it was connected to my phone by Bluetooth. It only tracked just over the first KM of the run before the GPS cuts out. Final distance is correct (estimating from stride length?) but there is no map tracking beyond that point. Any solutions?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
263 REPLIES 263

Thanks for chiming in. Glad to hear it worked out for you. I'm not sure I've got the energy to fight with them anymore. I just wish they would acknowledge there's a problem and offer to exchange defective units via some sort of recall. Perhaps if some high profile android-focused blog picked up the story it might help.

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my pixel watch 2 and fitbit running. I have opened a ticket with fitbit support on this and I would advise everyone here to contact support so that they have to open a ticket.

My problem is the same as described above, recordings of training always fail on the gps tracking with varying discatences covered. I usually run about 8km and the data only collects gps data for 0.3km.

Using the fitbig app to records bycicle rides does not seem to be affected for me.

Best Answer

For what its worth I decided to give up on Google/Fitbit for the time being. I reset the watch and put it away for now. Perhaps I will trade it in on something in the Fall. I replaced it with a, not too unreasonably priced, Garmin Vivoactive 5. So far (after just a few days of use) it's been good enough for my purposes. There are things the Pixel Watch did that I miss a bit, but not so much that I'm willing to continue to suffer with the unstable GPS issue. The Garmin GPS, as you might expect, has been flawless so far and it's definitely nice not to have to recharge it every night or put up with sudden unexplained turbo battery drain. Best of luck to you all.

Best Answer

I have nothing to add to this really, just noting I have the same issue. Watch tracks some exercises ok, on others cuts off after a short while. Very annoying, makes the watch less than useful. I've tried every step here, can't get anywhere. If this is a hardware issue, I would expect Fitbit to send out replacement watches

Best Answer
0 Votes