Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google pixel watch 2 RHR off?

Hello, I've noticed an increase in my heart rate which coincided with ill health. The heart rate page is typically reading mine as upper 80s to 108 when I am lying down in bed watching tv. Despite this my fitbit watch is measuring my resting heart rate not the page but the separate stat is giving it at 75. As you can see my heart rate has never even reached that.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

1000007737.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello & welcome @Arren336 

You'll actually find your answer in the Fitbit app:

• Tap on Resting Heart Rate under the Health Metrics category on the Today page in the Fitbit app
  • The page defaults to showing you your History. Tap About next to History
  • On this page, it explains that your RHR is estimated by using your heart rate data from when you're both awake and asleep

As you see, the Fitbit RHR algorithm includes your heart rate while you're sleeping, which tends to be lower than when you're awake. This would explain why you see a lower value than when you're awake and still.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay so which one should I use to determine any health changes . As I said during the day when lying it sometimes creeps over 100. I did not realise resting heart rate meant sleep also.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Arren336 

I would think that the RHR value in the Health Metrics tile would be your "baseline" to monitor for health changes. As noted, this value is calculated based on awake and sleeping heart rate data.

If you are noticing consistently higher heart rate that's not a result of activity or unusual low heart rate, you might want to discuss this with your healthcare provider.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes