Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Charge won't sync to my HTC One M9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
A few days ago my HR Charge stop telling the correct time. It's been going on for a few days now and this morning it will no longer sync with my phone/app at all. I've tried turning on and off the Bluetooth. I tried resetting everything and nothing works. My Fitbit and phone have been synced for almost a year and now nothing. What else can I do?
Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

It's nice to see new faces around @Shoye13! Thanks for stopping by! Woman WinkSince you already tried restarting your tracker I'd like to know if you have followed the steps provided at: I can't sync my tracker and if that doesn't work I'd suggest you to set up your tracker as a new device by following these instructions. Note that if you have not synced in over 24 hours, your activity data for previous days will be lost and only today's data will remain. This has worked for most of the people that are experiencing the same issue.

Let me know how it goes, wish you luck! Man Very Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same problem. My surge bought on 10/24/15 at Best Buy (I have the receipt & all packaging). It has not been able to synch since June 30th. I have an HTC One M9. I called Fitbit customer service and I troubleshooter with them for half an hour. We tried everything. The customer support representative said that I will receive an email from Fitbit to go to the next step in trying to resolve this. This was ectothermic 24 hours ago. When should I expect the email? I have used this Fitbit daily since the day I bought it. It is very useful. i am pretty sure it is a Bluetooth issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Typo: ectothermic should have been exactly
Best Answer
0 Votes
PS: other members of the family have different brands of smart watches. My Bluetooth notices these: one is a vivoactive and the other is a BRAVIA but my FitBit Surge that is right next to my HTC One M9 phone as the Bluetooth is searching is not being recognized. Yesterday during troubleshooting we used the dongle as well. We have powered on and off everything and started from scratch.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am this point: the app has no devices on it. I am trying to add my device ( the one I have had since October 24th as stated above). I followed the advice of " trying to add the device as if it's new" ...this is what happens: it says "We found your Surge!" Then the app shows that it is "connecting" in red print. Then it says later after awhile "Bluetooth Issues" and it gives instruction to cancel and try again and to restart Bluetooth. All of which I have done. If the Bluetooth recognizes the other 2 devices in the house as I mentioned above (it detects the vivoactive and the BRAVIA) then it must be something with my surge not being able to connect with the Bluetooth and not vice verse.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Samsung S4 is running Android Lollipop (5.0.1). Just recently I had a sync problem and discovered that I had to turn on Location Settings in order to sync.

Perhaps you can give it a try and let us know if it works.

I posted a request to update the Fitbit Help pages with this info. Please discuss and support the request here: fitbit.link/29pe82W

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you Geeruff. I just tried what you suggested. Location settings are on. But thanks it's a thought. I have pinpointed it; that something in my Surge smart watch (whatever that makes it synch) isn't picking up the Bluetooth in my phone. I came to this as I see that the Bluetooth recognized 2 other devices in my house (another family member's smartwatch and a t.v. ) but that it didn't pick up that my Fitbit Surgecis right next to the phone as it is trying to such. Thanks for the thought. I am waiting on the email that Fitbit customer service said I would receive so I can go to the next step in this troubleshooting. My Surge Smartwatches is able to do everything except: give heart rate stats and calories burned etc. Basically half the app works. And the other half (that is Bluetooth dependant) doesn't work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Smileneworleans, how are you doin' today? I would like to know if the issue with your Fitbit Surge was resolved. Did you receive a response from Support? if so, was your experience satisfactory? 

Keep me posted! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, Fitbit let me return it  and they sent a replacement. The watch only.  It was hard to get the replacement to work with the charger. The charger cord connection that fits directly into the back of the Fitbit Surge is not very stable. My Fitbit Surge is something I use " now and then" before  my problem I loved it and used it daily.

Best Answer
0 Votes