Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Data not syncing with Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

For some reason the heart rate data is not syncing properly to the fitbit app. Heart rate is visible om the Charge 2 device and only the current heart rate displays but not the cumulative heart rate data (including graphs). Last time it synced was early May 2019.

I've done the following but it has not worked:

*Unpair and pair the device

*Restarted the device

*Restarted my phone (Huawei P20 Light)

*Uninstalled and installed the Fitbit app

*Disabled and enabled bluetooth. 

*Switched location sharing off and on.

Please assist by providing other suggestions. 

Thank you. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @A.E.

Thank you for listing all of the steps that you have tried and sharing those details.

The first thing I'd like to ask is if you are seeing all of the other data sync correctly to your account. Are steps and calories displaying accurately? Also, could you share some screenshots of what you are seeing? Being able to see all of it could help me better understand what is going on.

In the meantime, please try accessing  your account through a different device, or through the phone's web browser and checking if the data shows up in there. 

I look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dashboard when accessed via web browserDashboard when accessed via web browser

Yesterday's data via app. All data syncs except graph (next screen shot)Yesterday's data via app. All data syncs except graph (next screen shot)

Heart rate data/graph not appearing from around May. Today's is showing up (did not have fitbit om throughout the day)Heart rate data/graph not appearing from around May. Today's is showing up (did not have fitbit om throughout the day)

Hi Lanuza,

Please review the screen shots with captions for more information.

Yesterday I had a brief workout but the heart rate graph did not update. Looks like the other data did sync (calories, steps).

Please advise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @A.E.

Thank you very much for sharing all of those screenshots or details.

In this case let's try making sure that the Fitbit is getting a good HR reading from your wrist. To do so please do the following:

1. Use a damp piece of cloth to clean the HR sensor on your Fitbit. 
  2. Dry it with a soft cloth. This helps in case there is any dust or other particles stuck to the sensor that could be causing the HR to not be read at all times.
  3. Tighten the strap a bit around your wrist or try wearing the Fitbit higher up your arm.

All of those should improve the reading and should help it get a constant read so that it starts displaying on your account.

Please keep me posted on how it goes or if there are any other questions I can help you out with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes