Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip replacement as won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As many of you know the Zip won't sync after Android 9 update. I called Fitbit and after trying a few things they offered to replace my Zip or take another product for 50% off. Seems silly as it seems none of the Fitbit will sync after update?? I have a Huawei P10 and it is listed device. Does ANYONE have a fitbit that works after 9? No sense in replacing a working Zip but don't want to pay even a discounted price for another model if it won't work either. Call me frustrated? 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

The problem with Android 9 seems to affect the Zip much more so than the other FitBit trackers. In addition to the Zip, I also have a Charge 3 and a Versa and both of those will regularly Sync with my Galaxy S10+, tho not always when I freakin' want them to; sometimes I have to restart the devices before they'll sync.

Honestly, at this point, since they've been giving people the run-around since August of last year with regards to the Zip, I'd demand a full refund and take my money elsewhere. They acknowledged this problem last August and haven't fixed it, yet they continued to sell the device directly for many months after that. It's STILL available to unsuspecting consumers via other retailers. This is Unacceptable!

Best Answer
Yep! I just told them that their pledge to make a customer happy was not
much of a pledge. I have a zip and they offered me 50% off another device.
I asked if they could tell me which work with Android and they couldn't.
And the 50% off is no deal as they base it on the sugg retail and as I told
them they are on sale everywhere. Like you said people continue to buy them
with no reliability. They are good getting back to you when you deal with
them but lack of any concrete solution is ridiculous after a year
Best Answer

If the phone has been updated and Fitbit fails to sync, let's remove the fit it app, restart the phone to clear memory, now install a fresh Fitbit app for your updated phone. 

The fitbit app is installed for the specific phone and os. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That was tried several times and still won't work. Fitbit trackers on sale
everywhere with huge discounts. Gee, I wonder why???
Best Answer

@Ayrdale wrote:
. Fitbit trackers on sale
everywhere with huge discounts. Gee, I wonder why???

It is father's day in the USA. 

Best Answer
Same here but they have been on sale in Canada for a couple of months now.
These are not FD sales. And a lot of stores are clearing them out. Not a
big fan of Fitbit these days. But there are other fish in the seas.
Best Answer