Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not counting on correct day

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I'm using the Android app and no device.  My steps are only counting when I log into the app.  For example, I walk daily in my job.  I didn't open the app until Friday.  All of a sudden, I get a badge for 69,502 steps!  Meanwhile, it's showing zero for Mon-Thu.  How can I resolve this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @nevergonnasleep.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for getting back to me on this.

In this case, yes. Opening the app will cause the steps to be synced with your account and thus be saved up on our servers.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @nevergonnasleep.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing all of those details. 

I'd like to make sure I understood the situation that you have experienced. In this case, are you saying that the issue is that it is counting steps while the app is not open or that it apparently did?

It is important to mention that if you set MobileTrack up then it will use the steps tracked by your phone and that will be sent over to Fitbit. So in this case it is possible that the steps were still tracked even if you had not opened the app until Friday and then you opened, all the data synced to your account and that's why you got the badge. You can click here to read more about MobileTrack and how it works.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if there are any other questions on the matter.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have it set up, but if I understand you correctly, I have to open the app
daily to get the steps to count for that day?

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @nevergonnasleep.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for getting back to me on this.

In this case, yes. Opening the app will cause the steps to be synced with your account and thus be saved up on our servers.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes