Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to frequently re-type amounts when logging foods

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am currently having a recurring problem when trying to log food in the Android app.

When I am entering the amount for a common food I may have everyday (like milk), the app will suggest the last amount I used when I try to log more (so say, if I had 250mls of milk yesterday, and try and log 300mls today, the text-field where I type will be pre-filled with the previous amount of 250ml).

This in itself is not the problem, the problem is when I try and amend this "suggestion" amount to the actual amount I want to log that day, the text-field reverts back to the "suggested" amount. So I type 300ml, and scroll to save the entry, but before I can save it the text-field refreshes itself and the value entered jumps back to 275ml.

This can occur multiple times before I am able to save the actual log as intended. It is becoming pretty infuriating having to type, delete, type, delete, type, delete the same amount three or four times before the app let's me accurately log what I want. This problem doesn't seem to occur for "new" food entries, and so it seems to be a bug related to how the app tries to helpfully "suggest" amounts based on when you last ate that particular item.

This problem has been present for the last couple of versions of the app it seems as I have hoped it was a bug that would be worked out when I last updated.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences this issue or if it is just me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Ali182, thank you for joining us in the Fitbit Community!

About the frequent food shows already a number of serving size is normal, the unexpected behavior is the number reverts to the original amount after you have changed it. I've seen two users who were experiencing almost the same scenario. So In this occasion I recommend to follow these steps:

Make sure your app is running the latest version of the Fitbit, which for Android is 2.56.

To see what version of the Fitbit app is installed on your device:

1. Tap the menu button.
  2. Tap Help.
  3. Tap Fitbit App.

Now regardless if you have updated the app already, please log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. > Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. > Once you are there, clear the app cache and data. > Proceed to "Force Stop" the app and finish the workaround by restarting your phone. > When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hey there @RobertoME

Many thanks for you suggestion, I tried some of the above before but doing it now in the order you laid out above seems to have worked this time! No more amounts "jumping"! 😄

Greatly appreciate the help and will report back if there is any change. All the best from sunny Scotland! 

A. 

Best Answer