Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) 9/3 - Received Classic Sleep rather than Sleep Stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

9/7 Update:

Thanks everyone for your patience while we investigated this issue. We acknowledge there was an abnormally high number of users not receiving sleep stages since this past weekend. Our team has confirmed this issue has since been resolved. It's still possible for users to receive the simplified sleep patterns due to the reasons mentioned in this help article. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

9/5 Update:

Hi, everyone! I know many of you still haven't received their Sleep Stages, beginning since this past weekend. Our team is actively investigating the root cause and we hope to have this fixed for you all soon. I'm going to close this thread and would like to re-direct you all to your tracker's thread for future updates.

If you own a Blaze, Charge 2, or an Alta HR. Please follow or subscribe to those threads for updates on this issue with Sleep Stages. I will keep those up to date with any new information. 

Thanks everyone for your cooperation! We really appreciate your patience. 

9/4 Update:

We are continuing to investigate this issue, and understand that some of you are still not seeing Sleep Stages. Thanks again for your patience while we work toward a resolution. Here are some answers to questions that have come up around the issue:

Q: Is there something wrong with my tracker? Does my tracker need to be replaced?

A: No, there is nothing wrong with your tracker. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Am I not receiving Sleep Stages because of my app version or tracker firmware version?

A: No, this is not directly related to your tracker or app. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Do I need to contact Fitbit to get this resolved?

A: No, you do not need to contact Support. This issue is not specific to any accounts, and we are working to get it resolved for all customers.

Q: When will I see Sleep Stages again?

A: We are working hard to implement a fix for this top-priority issue, and hope to have it resolved as quickly as possible. We will update this thread as soon as we have more definitive information.

We are aware of an issue that resulted in some users receiving Classic Sleep graphs rather than Sleep Stages over the past few nights.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and our team is looking into this to prevent it from recurring. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Blaze fitbit. No sleep stages for last night. Battery is half full. Slept for 8 hours. Heart monitor worked fine. No problem with sleep position. I just shutdown Blaze and synced again, no difference.

Best Answer

My sleep insights are different today  now it just says awake, restless, asleep. Not sure what happened. I liked the sleep stages better. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my HR2.......

Best Answer

I have the Blaze & the last two nights I haven't gotten sleep stages either. Went back to the old sleep patterns. Wahhhhh. I have everything set up correctly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my fitbit has been monitoring sleep stages as opposed to pattern for several months but for some reason it has now reverted to sleep pattern only. Can anyone suggest why or how to change back? 

Thanx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Sazwaz! I had this issue a little bit recently and I'm not sure if it resolved on its own or if it helped, but I gave my tracker a restart and the sleep stages came back.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The past two day my HR 2 is not giving me my sleep stages and is taking forever to sync in the morning. Is anyone else having this issue?  

Best Answer

My sleep didn't work yesterday and today it has completely different data sets..looks like updated.. So now just have awake, restless and asleep as blocks.. No rem, deep waves anymore.. 

Best Answer

Mine has been doing the exact same thing.  Last 2 nights it recorded sleep/restlessness rather than sleep stages.  So frustrating.

Best Answer

@Kbehe  @dstephenson64  @TrevorZH  This is not just an android app problem, but is being reported by users of all trackers that provide sleep stages.  It has been flagged for urgent moderator attention.  Be patient -- it is a holiday weekend.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Good to hear I'm not the only one...... hopefully they will have a fix for it soon. 

Best Answer

Since 9/1 the sleep stages has stopped working for my Charge 2. After the 1st night of it I rebooted my phone and made sure my band wasn't too tight. Still did it the 2nd night. I looked in the app store and others are seeing the same thing. It doesn't appear to be tied to an update as the last app update was a week ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not updating, sleep is back to older graphing!¡!! since yesterday, very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As far as I understood this problem appeared first on 8/29. And it is definetely not related to tracker model or application. Looks like something is broken on server side.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guys, does anyone have other app authorized, like MyFitnessPal?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. For the past 3 nights only received classic sleep graph no stages. Then later on today stages for 2 nights ago showed up but not the others. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't received sleep stages data for the past 5 nights.
Best Answer

Ive had the same issue for the past two nights with my Alta.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this problem with my Alta HR for the past three nights.  First night was odd, but I thought it would rectify itself; after the second night I tried restarting my FitBit and updating the app, and now that a third night has past, there have been no changes.  Everything is synced, heart monitor is working.

Best Answer
0 Votes