Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) 9/3 - Received Classic Sleep rather than Sleep Stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

9/7 Update:

Thanks everyone for your patience while we investigated this issue. We acknowledge there was an abnormally high number of users not receiving sleep stages since this past weekend. Our team has confirmed this issue has since been resolved. It's still possible for users to receive the simplified sleep patterns due to the reasons mentioned in this help article. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

9/5 Update:

Hi, everyone! I know many of you still haven't received their Sleep Stages, beginning since this past weekend. Our team is actively investigating the root cause and we hope to have this fixed for you all soon. I'm going to close this thread and would like to re-direct you all to your tracker's thread for future updates.

If you own a Blaze, Charge 2, or an Alta HR. Please follow or subscribe to those threads for updates on this issue with Sleep Stages. I will keep those up to date with any new information. 

Thanks everyone for your cooperation! We really appreciate your patience. 

9/4 Update:

We are continuing to investigate this issue, and understand that some of you are still not seeing Sleep Stages. Thanks again for your patience while we work toward a resolution. Here are some answers to questions that have come up around the issue:

Q: Is there something wrong with my tracker? Does my tracker need to be replaced?

A: No, there is nothing wrong with your tracker. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Am I not receiving Sleep Stages because of my app version or tracker firmware version?

A: No, this is not directly related to your tracker or app. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Do I need to contact Fitbit to get this resolved?

A: No, you do not need to contact Support. This issue is not specific to any accounts, and we are working to get it resolved for all customers.

Q: When will I see Sleep Stages again?

A: We are working hard to implement a fix for this top-priority issue, and hope to have it resolved as quickly as possible. We will update this thread as soon as we have more definitive information.

We are aware of an issue that resulted in some users receiving Classic Sleep graphs rather than Sleep Stages over the past few nights.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and our team is looking into this to prevent it from recurring. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

My app is still doing the same on my adroid phone.

I hope it gets fixed soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I came on looking for help and feel better that it isn't my new device messing up

Best Answer
0 Votes

9/4 Update:

We are continuing to investigate this issue, and understand that some of you are still not seeing Sleep Stages. Thanks again for your patience while we work toward a resolution. Here are some answers to questions that have come up around the issue:

Q: Is there something wrong with my tracker? Does my tracker need to be replaced?

A: No, there is nothing wrong with your tracker. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Am I not receiving Sleep Stages because of my app version or tracker firmware version?

A: No, this is not directly related to your tracker or app. This is a bug within Fitbit's sleep system.

Q: Do I need to contact Fitbit to get this resolved?

A: No, you do not need to contact Support. This issue is not specific to any accounts, and we are working to get it resolved for all customers.

Q: When will I see Sleep Stages again?

A: We are working hard to implement a fix for this top-priority issue, and hope to have it resolved as quickly as possible. We will update this thread as soon as we have more definitive information.

Best Answer

Issue seems to be resolved. I received sleep data this morning after syncing.

@J.Wilkinson wrote:

Ive had the same issue for the past two nights with my Alta.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope this does get resolved quickly it's the main reason other than steps I purchased this Charge 2 Fitbit. Feel like there's no Point in having it at the moment. Definitely wouldn't recommend it right now. 

Best Answer

Thanks. I'm having this problem too with a Fitbit Blaze. Just started last night. DMJ

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your answers and reassurances that this will soon be resolved.  I rely on being able to track the quality of my sleep and miss the data my Charge II provides. .

Does that mean we will see resolution in a matter of hours, days, or weeks?

Best Answer

Breathing a sigh of relief. It is funny how upset I was that I was not seeing my sleep stages anymore and that it wasn't tracking my sleep correctly. I tried switch arms, sleeping differently so that it monitors my heart correctly and other things with no results. After seeing that it wasn't an isolated problem, makes it all better. Also to know that "Fitbit" is aware of it and working the issue is good to know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to be okay this night on my Charge 2. Hopefully it stays being okay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, Day Three. This usually happens just before they release an update, which usually takes 2 days of the classic. Reset Alta HR, all the troubleshooting steps I've been told multiple times in the past, everything, but to no avail. PhotoGrid_1504624920167.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I woke this morning to day 3 of no sleep stages  😞

I will reset (again) and see how I go.

Android ( if that makes any difference)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, everyone! I know many of you still haven't received their Sleep Stages, beginning since this past weekend. Our team is actively investigating the root cause and we hope to have this fixed for you all soon. I'm going to close this thread and would like to re-direct you all to your tracker's thread for future updates.

If you own a Blaze, Charge 2, or an Alta HR. Please follow or subscribe to those threads for updates on this issue with Sleep Stages. I will keep those up to date with any new information. 

Thanks everyone for your cooperation! We really appreciate your patience. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks everyone for your patience while we investigated this issue. We acknowledge there was an abnormally high number of users not receiving sleep stages since this past weekend. Our team has confirmed this issue has since been resolved. It's still possible for users to receive the simplified sleep patterns due to the reasons mentioned in this help article. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Best Answer