Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly reminder not good enough

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I see a couple of shortcomings with the hourly reminder, and for me it just isn't good enough and misses the mark. What I need, and what I think most people need, is an hourly chime above and beyond the 250 step limit. I personally have my own requirement of doing at least a thousand steps an hour, and their hourly alarm is not configurable for that number of steps. So for me it doesn't work. For example, if I am home and incidentally get 250 steps from walking around my kitchen making a cup of tea, then the alarm doesn't go off for that hour and I miss my reminder for my 1,000 step goal. So either I need to be able to configure the hourly alarm to handle more steps than 250, or I need a second alarm that I can set manually. Sure, I could go in and manually set an alarm for each hour for the number of hours I want, but that is tedious, and not easily changed. And if I get my thousand steps before the alarm goes off I don't want the alarm going off at all.  But that would be only a minor annoyance and not a game breaker. I feel certain that other people would like this feature, either a second configurable alarm or have the hourly alarm steps configurable. So why hasn't Fitbit done yet? 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

The reminder to walk was never designed to be a reminder to get a personal hour goal in. 

It simply is a reminder to get up, streach and move if a user has been stationary this hour. 

As for a different chime. This will require your tracker to have a speaker. 

Best Answer
I read your response and it's as if you didn't even read what I wrote, so I
have to wonder why you are even responding at all.
Best Answer
0 Votes

No you did not read my response. You say that the hourly reminder is not good enough. 

My response explained the purpose of the hourly reminder and why it is not meant to be the reminder that you want it to be. 

You only asked one incomplete question of why hasn't Fitbit done yet? Done what? 

My answer does explain the purpose of the hourly reminder and why it will not be changed to meet your expectations. Your desires are not what the purpose of the hourly reminder is for. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

"I see a couple of shortcomings with the hourly reminder, and for me it just isn't good enough and misses the mark." In other words, it makes no difference how it was intended to work, because it could be better if they wanted it to be better. For example, the chart they display is awesome. But if they could incorporate my daily steps into that same chart that would make it even better. My recommendation for making the hourly step value customizable would allow this unique chart to continue to work as it does today for everyone else, and give me as well as others the option to see the daily step totals and goals in that unique chart. I only suggested that they change that 250+ step value to be a customizable value because that would be the simplest to implement tracking more than 250+ steps per hour on that chart.  

As for the hourly alarm, whatever you want to call it, it was intended to remind me to get moving every hour. If it does not remind me to move, then it has failed. I offered my observation for why it is failing - it is failing because it is not reminding me to get up and move. Again, simply making the hourly step value customizable would allow this hourly alarm to work again.

These are not the only failings I have seen from Fitbit since I bought my Charge 3. I came from using a Garmin, which was a nightmare to use, if any health tracker can be nightmarish. So, you can disagree with me all you want, but that does not invalidate my needs for better hourly tracking of my steps. I remain hopeful, though, that they can make this app better and fix the issues before I move onto something else.

Best Answer
0 Votes