Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How accurate is MobileTrack in Galaxy S8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just got the Fitbit app on my Galaxy S8 WITHOUT a Fitbit using my phones internal Pedometer to track my steps. How accurate is the step counter in the new S8 Compared to a Fitbit One or one of the Watches ? I know my old phone definitely did and I think the Samsung Health app separates walking from Cycling and other activities knowing which was what. Is this the same for the Fitbit app ?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Siddy2408, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I saw you have a few questions about the option to use your phone to track your activities as an alternative to have a Fitbit tracker/watch.

To answer your question, the accuracy will depend on your phone. Using your phone's sensors with MobileTrack you will be able to track basic activity data including steps, distance, and calories burned. MobileTrack does not track floors, sleep, or active minutes. In addition to activity tracking, you also have access to other app features such as: 

• Food tracking
  • Weight tracking
  • Setting fitness goals
  • Adding friends
  • Friends leaderboard
  • Cheering, taunting, and messaging friends

MobileTrack will not automatically detects which activity you are doing, since this feature relies on specific models of Fitbit trackers. However as I mentioned before, you have access to other features of the app, like MobileRun that will allow you to track Walk, Run and Hike using the GPS of your phone, but once again, it will be only basic information regarding your stats.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes