Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active minutes do not add up correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

My issue is that I have two "exercises" on my device with active minutes associated with them, however, the final active minutes displayed on the home screen are not the sum of the two.

Before syncing with my phone, my ionic displayed the correct total, however, after syncing, the total on both the phone and the ionic are incorrect (but match one another).

As you can see, the total should be 18 + 33 = 51 but the totals below (and also on the app home screen and my ionic's home screen) say 34.

Is there a way to get this recalculated or am I misunderstanding something here?  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello there @MaJellin, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! With active minutes will depend on different factors, since our algorithms detect subtle differences in exertion that may explain why two seemingly identical activities result in different active minute totals. However in this case you are mentioning the total of each activity doesn't add up.

So before jumping to conclusions, I saw at the bottom of your post are two broken files which I assume are screenshots of your exercises. Would you mind to re-upload them using these instructions? These steps will help you to upload pictures in the Fitbit Community. This information would be very helpful to have a closer look of this issue.

If there is a discrepancy, just keep in mind active minutes cannot be recalculate.

See you later. I'll be looking forward to your response.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again,

Thanks for the reply.  For some reason I didnt see that photos option the first time, not sure what I was doing, ha.

Here they are again using the suggested method.

This is not really a huge issue for me as this has only happened the one time and has been working correctly for the most part.  I was just curious about it.  Thanks again.

Screenshot_2018-03-26-14-03-14.pngScreenshot_2018-03-26-14-03-24.png

Best Answer
0 Votes