Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending messages to friends

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the iphone6 and just updated to ios 10.0.2. And I have lost the ability to send messages.

I can write the message, but no send button exists on the top of the screen.  I also cannot return back to the previous screen without restarting the app (top of screen is blank - no buttons). I have restarted the app and restarted the phone to no avail.

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

I can't even seem to send messages now. How do I do it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @estmann! Hmm this is pretty odd, try logging out the app and then long back in, if you still can not see the buttons take a screenshot and post it here. 

@JEH1 tap on the friends til - Messages - on the upper right hand corner you will have the option "Send". 

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank for that- Now I have to try to figure out how to do it from the
dashboard on my Macbook.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried exiting the app. I've tried restarting my phone. Not sure what to do.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JEH1 and good to see you around @sgrayster

@JEH1 from your Macbook using the web-based Dashboard is more easy. You have quick access from your Friend Leaderboard tile or by selecting the option of See More to have access to all your friend list.

Friend Messages.jpg

By selecting the Dialog bubble that appear on each of your friends, you can start writing the message, but the Send Button it will become available as soon you start writing.

Messages 2.jpg

In your case @sgrayster, using the app, its the same principle. Until you start writing, is when it becomes available the Send Button on the right upper corner. Otherwise if this is not working, as my friend @MaginB requested before, it would be good to have some screenshots so we can have a closer look to this problem.

Hope this helps and see you aroundif you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I do not see a send button. I logged out and logged back in. The only thing that happens is if I click on the top left-hand corner it gets out of the message.I do not see a send button. I logged out and logged back in. The only thing that happens is if I click on the top left-hand corner it gets out of the message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Yeghikian, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

In the Fitbit app, when replying to a message, the Send option will be displayed on the top right corner of the screen, not at the bottom. 

Message.png

However, if the option to send a message is still not showing up for you, please reply to me with a screenshot of the full app screen so I can check this further.

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  The message screen is completely blank except for what you type.  There are no buttons at the top.  However, i noticed if I touch in the top left or right corner I go back to the previous screen.  It might be that the buttons are white on white?  (Was unable to figure out how to use the insert photo function on this blog)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Twodomers, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's nice to have you on board! Smiley Happy

This seems like a very odd situation, a screenshot will definitely help me check this further and investigate this matter a bit more. 

In order to add a photo to your reply, please:

* When you're in the reply page, click on the Photos icon. 

AddPhoto1.PNG

* Then, click on the Choose File in the middle of the grey window that will pop up

AddPhoto2.PNG

* Search for the photo on your computer and click on Open.

AddPhoto3.PNG

* Once the image shows up in the grey windows, select the size and the position (1) and click on Done (2)

AddPhoto4.PNG

I hope this can be helpful; give it a try, I'll be waiting for your reply! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
    Spoiler
    I can’t even upload a pic that I took. When I click on the camera it gives me a completely different screen. No option to upload 
Best Answer
0 Votes

36DDB67C-F546-413C-975A-54305CDB61EA.jpeg

FA0B5D0D-9A67-4C86-9E26-0198862A086A.png

 here are the pictures. Hope to understand (it’s happened again yesterday ) we also noticed that the floor numbers aren’t same when we go together 

thanks again 

sharon

Best Answer
0 Votes