Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 and IOS 13 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I recognise that the latest Apple update seems to have played havoc with Charge 3 notifications BUT after trying ALL your suggestions (more than once) for rectifying problems with communication between Fitbit Charge 3 and iPhone (7) and IPads, my iPhone won't let me log-in. Just keeps saying 'Oops, something went wrong. Please try again'.  I have numerous times.

The device itself is working fine and I am getting notifications to it.

My iPhone says my Charge 3 is connected but my iPad says No Device Found.

This is really frustrating and after sync problems brought about by an 'update' issue I reported earlier this year I'm really thinking about getting an Apple Watch instead.

Please let me know how I can sort this out as soon as possible.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @Chrissie3 

Welcome to the Community. I will agree that the iOS update has indeed caused multiple problems. 

I have noticed this problem occurring quite often after that pesky iOS update. Hopefully I can help you with your syncing issue. I think your best course of action is to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of your Fitbit App. You will not lose data doing this. 

Here’s how:

1. Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. completely uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth.

7. When prompted by your Bluetooth tap yes 

8. now try to sync 

Doing this will give you the cleanest install and should repair your syncing time issues.

😃 Please let me know if this provided you with the best answer to your syncing issue. Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

The Bluetooth message comes up before I get the chance to log in. I pressed yes to the Bluetooth question and then tried to log in but go the 'Oops, something went wrong. Please try again'...Again!!!

My Fitbit Charge 3 does not appear in my Bluetooth devices on my IPhone.

I was so hoping it would work....Although I have now managed to get it to work on my iPad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Chrissie3 

I happy to see we have been able to get the iPad up and running. Let’s try this on the iPhone....

go to:

iPhone settings>General>Reset>then reset network settings 

😃 please let me know if this does the trick

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, that hasn’t worked either...still get the “Oops, something went wrong” etc message.

I’m starting to get really fed up with it now and trying to put it right is taking up far too much of my time! Fitbit really needs to get on top of this and soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue my That bed is letting me know I’m getting calls when I try to sync it tells me Bluetooth is not connected check Bluetooth is connected same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Chrissie3 and @KatzTx 

Let’s try this....I suggest you to to go to your phone settings and turn off WiFi. Then, try to log in to the Fitbit app again. If you're able to log in, turn on WiFi once again. 
😉 Please keep me posted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello MegaBite,

Sorry that made no difference whatsoever.

Even deleting the App and reloading is not making any difference it just reloads with the same page. All notifications have stopped completely too now.

How long before a solution is found?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Chrissie3 

I have no idea when the notification issue will be fixed if that is indeed what your asking. Everything I know is in the Forum here started by a moderator of Fitbit: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Stopped-seeing-notifications-after-updating-to-iOS-13/m-p/38...

Im sorry I couldn’t be more help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello MegaBite,

Thank you for trying to help.

Please can you tell me why when I try to email by reply via my IPhone I get a message saying that the owner of this website (www.fitbit.com) has banned my IP address....could that be why I am having the problems?

Error 1006 Ray ID 526796b15b50bc36 2019-10-16 05:12:19 UTC

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Chrissie3 

Question do you use VPN (Virtual Private Network) ? I wonder if that could be the problem. If so try turning that off and attempt again. If error doesn’t come on then the VPN may be the issue.

😉 Keep me posted 

Best Answer

@Chrissie3 Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate the details mentioned and the troubleshooting you've performed advised by @SunsetRunner. 

Thanks for your advise @SunsetRunner. 

It's pretty weird that you're unable to reply by email because it's showing you that your IP has been banned by Fitbit. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you and investigating it. 

Regarding your notifications not working, Fitbit is aware of this, you may want to check the main thread, any updates that Fitbit has, will be posted there. 

I'll be around if you have any additional question. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello MegaBite,

It makes no difference I’m afraid. Having said that, if the Fitbit won’t work with a VPN, which is a security tool that I have chosen to protect my data and devices, it indicates that the Fitbit device is not the one I should be using.

A frustrating time for us all I think. I have been contacted by customer services about the IP issue; they say the problem may be sorted over the next 24hrs or so, let’s keep our fingers crossed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Chrissie3 

My apologies on the VPN suggestion. It was just merely a guess on my part. I have absolutely no idea so that’s why I mentioned it. Clearly my suggestion was wrong as the moderator indicated that what’s going on with you is something odd. I did see in your post that the support team contacted you and is working with you now. I’m sure you will be up and running soon. Good luck to you.

Best Answer

Hello MegaBite,

Many thanks for trying to help. The customer support team solution hasn’t worked either...

Best wishes, Chrissie3

Best Answer