Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

Updated to latest version turned on all notifications and still can’t get test on my charge 3

Best Answer

Really frustrated. My app is up to date and I’ve tried all of this for my Blaze. Notifications still aren’t working. What’s the point of a smart watch if you don’t have notifications? I’m beyond irritated given how long this has clearly been going on. 

Best Answer

What steps did you follow?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You posted this ‘fix’ on 25 Sept - it clearly does NOT work!! And it’s now 04 October. How much longer are your customers supposed to wait for you fix this?! This is a ridiculous amount of time to take. I appreciate that my Fitbit is old technology in your eyes (charge 2) but that shouldn’t matter. The fact is that now, when I upgrade, I will not be purchasing another Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I've done all of the suggested fixed and I still can't get notifications. Notifications have always been flaky on my ionic. For the past six months, I've had to reset my watch at least once a month, and this is after having my first one replaced because it couldn't handle 20 minutes in the water. Now that the Applewatch 5 has come out, there are better deals on the previous models so I'm seriously considering switching - not only because of the underwhelming response to technical issues but also because of the lack of quick reply for imessage and other features that should be standard. Fitbits are good for tracking steps and pulse but that's about it IMO.

Best Answer

I do not work for Fitbit.  I am Fitbit owner that used the fix plus a couple of other things and it worked. So, everyone should stop responding to me here and reach out to Fitbit with your issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The steps in the article posted by admin.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Uncheck the box that says "Email me when someone replies" - they are not replying to you directly (I am now but not before) otherwise you will get all the responses from the original post.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
All the steps I know , deleted and restored, nothing
Best Answer
I gave up on them and ordered an Apple Watch I wasn’t taking chances at buying another Fitbit and going through the same problem every time there’s an iOS update. They’re just going to lose customers

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
The Apple Watch 5 is like over 700 dollars it adds almost 60 dollars to your phone bill. If you’re only using it for receiving texts and phone calls there’s no need to get the expensive version I got the Apple Watch 38 and it’s 300 dollars and it adds 12 dollars a month to my phone bill. I just wanna be able to receive calls and texts on it but I’m definitely not emailing or talking on my watch the screen is entering small

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck with that.  My business partner's apple watch (2nd one) also stopped receiving texts with the IOS 13 update and still isn't working and her first apple watch died after a year and apple would do nothing.  Don't know why everyone thinks it will be different.

Best Answer

How can I stop everyone replies coming through on my emails 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Click the "cog" icon on the top right of the comments, then "Unsubscribe".

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks your a star 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You’re right, I’m very much thinking of doing the same, only giving them
more time
Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything went down hill after this update. I have done everything stated in the post and NOTHING. Please please please fix this issue! I really don't want to give switch to an Apple Watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
To me they’re taking too long to fix this and I need to receive texts on my watch. I switched to Apple I’m picking my watch up on Tuesday it’s so much better and tracks more

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Under notifications on iphone, go to messages and select "always" under show previews. worked for me!!!

Moderator Edit: All-caps

Best Answer

Good suggestion for most, however I like having my messages only preview when using face ID. Hopefully, fitbit comes up with a practical fix soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes