Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you're having trouble receiving notifications after updating your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article.

We do realize these steps are time-consuming and appreciate your efforts. Our team has made several updates over the last few months and these steps should resolve the issue for most customers. If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app and iOS up to date. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

This thread does appear to be going off-topic. We will be tracking this issue here going forward and closing this thread for further reports.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

I installed iOS 13 beta today to test it out, and as soon as it installed my Fitbit stopped receiving notifications. I tried everything the Fitbit website told me to do and nothing worked. It’s either the Fitbit itself or the Apple iOS 13 beta. I would just like to know how to get my notifications back, everything else is working perfectly. 

Best Answer

I have a charge 3 if that makes any difference!! 

Best Answer

Fitbit usually does not release updates to beta OS's until the official release. 

They probably are still in testing phase. 

Best Answer

It’s beginning to look like Fitbit has no interest in keeping up with the times and has conceded to let Apple run away with their market share!! They seem to be moving at a snails pace with new technology, releasing a new Ionic and even keeping up with the times as far as their software releases. The new app is Very underwhelming and at this rate once Apple releases a watch with sleep function to rival Fitbit they can just close the doors and say goodnight. Just saying. 

Best Answer

You will never get me to buy an apple product, for one they refuse to replace a $2 part telling you that you have to replace the the whole unit. And backup nope we can't do these. 

Then again I won't touch Microsoft either 

Best Answer

Seems like Fitbit is behind the curve on everything when it comes to Apple!! If they don't start playing with the big boys their market share is going to slip, if it hasn't already done so.

Best Answer

I have updated to IOS13 on my iphone this evening in the UK. My lovely new Ionic will no longer receive any text notifications etc from my phone. Please tell me this is a temporary issue or i may cry. 

Best Answer

I've had problems with notifications the last couple months, and I'm on Android. 

Best Answer

Yes and yes!! I’m so frustrated, I’m ready to sell my Fitbit and look into an Apple Watch. I just love the sleep feature. My versa lite quit giving me notifications after the ios13 update. My husband was able to turn on my on screen notifications for my phone and for some reason I started getting notifications on my Fitbit again. I hate people being able to read my text messages but, it will get me by until Fitbit gets with the program. 

Best Answer

Same! All other notifications came through except text messages. The tip posted above made it work...turn on text message previews. It’s annoying to have messages displayed, but that setting will restore text messages if you’ve updated to iOS 13. 

Best Answer

I am hating my fit bit blaze with these weird problems. After I upgraded to IOS 13, I am getting notifications even for the calls I make after the other person responds to the call. Annoying 😞

Best Answer

I am hating my fit bit blaze with these weird problems. After I upgraded to IOS 13, I am getting notifications even for the calls I make, after the other person responds to the call. 

Secondly, fitbit keeps vibrating even after I pickup the incoming call for a minute..

Annoying 

Best Answer

Oh gosh, I haven’t updated to ios 13 yet. Maybe I shouldn’t! 🤭 

Best Answer

I updated to iOS 13 last night and ever since I can’t seem to get text notifications to work. WhatsApp messages work and calls are ok. It came up with a box asking me if I’d like to receive notifications on my phone. Checked all the settings and only way it works is if show previews are on. Didn’t have this on before and worked fine. Restarted, reset and updated the Versa and still no joy

Best Answer

I’ve had the same issue and I’ve got Fitbit Versa. Tried everything from resetting it and starting it up as new but still no luck

Best Answer

I’m exactly the same, did the upgrade 2 days ago and now I’m getting no notifications. Tried everything with phone and Ionic 🙈 HELP HELP HELP

Best Answer

Same here

Best Answer

Since updating to IOS13.0 notifications for sms and calls aren’t coming up on my Versa, so annoying. Can anyone help please 

Best Answer

I am having issues as well.  I have tried the message preview option like others stated and it still does not work.  Phone calls come through fine, it only seems to be text messages.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, pairing and unpairing the fitbit, and restarting the fitbit with no success

Best Answer