Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

I’m having the same issue. Updated to iOS 13 last night and all texts received today are not vibrating or showing up on my Fitbit Alta. 
I’ve done everything possible that I can think of, including Bluetooth pairing off then on, restart phone, update app, reset Fitbit. Nothing working. 

I really hope Fitbit can sort this issue. It’s obviously something to do with the iOS 13 update. 

Best Answer
I deleted my versa and re-added re-paired with Bluetooth. Hopefully it will
be fixed in the IOS13.1 update which should be released soon. So annoying.
Best Answer

No text notification come through on ios13 update. Restarted devices, turned option on/off, software up to date, won't work. 

Best Answer

I’ve had the same problem, has anywhere posted a solution??

Best Answer

Same with me. Did the update last night and now no notifications coming through. Hope this gets fixed soon!

Best Answer

I installed iOS 13 yesterday on my iPhone XS Max, and now I am not receiving text and call notifications on my Alta. I only receive calendar notifications. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Alta on my phone and my Fitbit account, but it is still not working. I have also checked notification settings and everything is turned on. I also updated the Fitbit app. Any help is appreciated, because I rely on my Alta buzzing to know when I receive a text.

Best Answer

Anyone else update to iOS 13 and no longer receive text message notifications to your Charge 2? I’ve tried rebooting my phone, turning Bluetooth off and then on, having my phone forget the Fitbit and re-pairing, turning notifications off from the app, syncing, turning back on, turning notifications off from my Fitbit and back on, rebooting my Fitbit, switching back to light mode. Nothing has worked and I’m frustrated.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

Go to Settings-> Bluetooth -> Info Icon and enable Share System Notifications

Best Answer

Mines already on...

Best Answer

Settings where? 

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

iOS settings

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  Updated iOS this am - no more notifications.  All settings are correct.  Tried removing device and everything else mentioned.  Nothing.  😞

Best Answer

After I turned on message preview on my phone it started working again

Best Answer

My husbands Versa 1 can’t get notifications since he updated the most recent Apple upgrade (13.0). His was the standard Versa (w/o the payment capability). My Versa 1(has the payment option) is working fine. We’ve looked through other posts and I’ve tried everything I could find. I worked to to match up settings on both phones and uninstalled the Fitbit app and Versa, then reinstalled them. His vibration motor is working. He gets call notifications, just not text messages. Any help would be appreciated!

Shelly Crawford-Stock -Alta, Alta HR, Versa user
Best Answer

I have all the right things checked, but still no notifications. Sucks. Hopefully they fix it soon!

Best Answer

All other notifications came through except text messages. To make it work...turn on text message previews. It’s annoying to have messages displayed, but that setting will restore text messages if you’ve updated to iOS 13.

Best Answer

I’m having the same issues. My phone calls will show up on my Versa but not my texts. I did the whole off on, remover add back on. Nothing 

Best Answer
  • I am having the same issue. I’ve even in-installed the app and re did it. Nothing works. So frustrating especially when I rely on my watch so much. 
Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  Phone calls are appearing but no text messages.  I am frustrated as well.

Best Answer

Yep same here. Only way I’ve found it works is to have text message previews on (iPhone XR) but I don’t like viewing half the message on my iPhone. So I have message previews on but only when the iPhone is unlocked. Seems to work so far but never had the problem before I updated to iOS 13. Hope it gets fixed soon

Best Answer