Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my user name in the Fitbit app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I have a versa fitbit but am having trouble setting a username because when I try to add a username it keeps coming up unable to save proflie at this time . my phone is an android .

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Guy_ @gdio53 Thanks for your help. 

@gdio53 You are right! User name can only be changed every 60 days. 

@LittleEagle Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reaching out regarding your user name and how to change it. In the following article you find the instructions for this action: How do I change my name or user name?. However, I am sure you know them already. Please note that the following is in the aforementioned article: 

"Note that you can only change your name or user name once every 60 days, and you can only set your user name with the Fitbit app. Contact customer support to change your name if there's a typo or you didn't authorize a name change."

Given that you recently set up your user name, you are no able to update/change it right away. I appreciate your patience. Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @LittleEagle - check the permissions for the Fitbit App most likely, press and hold the launch icon and click App info for quick access.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I checked all the permissions on the fittings app and this message keeps on
coming up . My username profile is not saving .
Regards littleEagle
Best Answer

@LittleEagle- did you try to restart your phone?

It may be your phone was having problems connecting to the network.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi yes I restarted my phone and am still getting the same message .unable
to save profile at this time.regareds little Eagle
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LittleEagle 

Have you changed your user name recently?  I believe you can only change it once every 60 days.

I accidently changed mine and keep trying to change it back, but haven't been able to yet.

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer
Hi iam new to fitbit I only registered on Saturday 11th of December 2021
I've had to put my username where my real name should be so the username
iam using is the only one I have I have had this problem trying to save the
profile since I registered.Regards littleEagle.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LittleEagle-

Probably best to contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you.

(Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ @gdio53 Thanks for your help. 

@gdio53 You are right! User name can only be changed every 60 days. 

@LittleEagle Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reaching out regarding your user name and how to change it. In the following article you find the instructions for this action: How do I change my name or user name?. However, I am sure you know them already. Please note that the following is in the aforementioned article: 

"Note that you can only change your name or user name once every 60 days, and you can only set your user name with the Fitbit app. Contact customer support to change your name if there's a typo or you didn't authorize a name change."

Given that you recently set up your user name, you are no able to update/change it right away. I appreciate your patience. Have a nice day!

Best Answer

@RodrigoMFitbit 

I've been trying to change my username back to what I originally had (Gary D.), but keep getting the error message @LittleEagle  is receiving.  It's been this way for quite a few months, well past the 60 days.

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer

@gdio53 Thanks for your reply and explanation. That is certainly odd. In this case I recommend that you contact the customer support (click here). You can contact them either via chat, email or phone. They will help you out. 

Have a nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this, I finally managed to sort my user name in the app.

Best Answer

@CarlaJ. Nice to see you in the forums again. I am glad to read that the steps here helped you out. I wish you a lot of fun with Fitbit. Have a nice day!

Best Answer