Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get good sleeppoints?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The night until Thursday I sleep about six hours.

At night until Sunday I sleep for almost eight hours.

At night until Thursday I am awake more minutes and more percent.

At night until Thursday, I have fewer minutes and fewer percentages of REM sleep.

At night until Thursday, I have fewer minutes and fewer percentages of Deep sleep.

Still the night until Thursday gets more sleeppoints than the night until Sunday - Why??

TotalTotalNight until ThursdayNight until ThursdayNight until SundayNight until Sunday

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @MiaMaria, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums!

Thanks for the information, details and screenshots that were provided in your post. To better assist you with this situation and to investigate further, can you please let me know which mobile device you're currently using? Also, when was the first time you experienced this and how many times since then? In the meantime I receive your answers, if you haven't already done so I recommend you to check: What's sleep score in the Fitbit app? to learn more about Sleep Score. 

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I have a Samsung Note 8, android ver 9. If there is a specific parameter that you want to know the value of, please let me know!

Sleeppoint has only been available for three weeks so there's not much to compare with. I've had the feeling before that the result is strange when you compare two nights, but this time it was very clear.

I have read what fitbit writes about sleeppoints, and as I see it the important points is Deep and REM-sleep and the length of the sleeping period. In my example all three of them was better, both in real time and in procent of the total time, and still the sleepingpoints was less than the other night in comparasion. So what have I missed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again!

Another thought:

Does it affect the sleeppoints that the total sleep time is calculated in a different way than in your examples? Mine just seems to add Deep, REM and light, while your pictures show the total time between falling asleep and awakening?

MIneMIneFrom your picturesFrom your pictures

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep duration (upto 50% of the score) and sleep stages (upto 25%) only make up part of the score, you also have Restoration: Sleeping heart rate and restlessness that makes up to 25% of the score. It's worth checking out the help article here for more information. 

Duration: Time asleep and awakeHow much you slept—the more you sleep, the better your score.
Quality: Deep and REM sleepHow much time you spent in deep and REM sleep—the more time you spend in these sleep stages, the better your score.
Restoration: Sleeping heart rate and restlessnessHow relaxed you were during sleep—a high sleeping heart rate or too much tossing and turning lowers your score.

WHAT'S THE RESTORATION SCORE IN THE FITBIT APP?

Your restoration score provides insight into how restful your sleep was. The score is based on your sleeping and resting heart rates and how much time you spent tossing and turning. You receive a higher restoration score when your sleeping heart rate is lower than your daytime resting heart rate. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So sleepingpoints is only a trap to get us to pay for a Fitbit premium?

Best Answer

Bingo! Got it in one.

Best Answer
0 Votes