Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off Fitbit automatic detection on Pixel Watch 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I find it very annoying when my new pixel watch and Fitbit app tries to auto track it. I like to do tracking on my own terms when I want and not every time I walk. I go for a walk often and find the auto tracking feature distracts me from the calm of a walk. Please add an option to disable this feature. Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @CDN_Sean. Thanks for checking my previous response and to turn off the automatic detection on your Google Pixel Watch 2, please do the following:

1. On your Watch, open Fitbit Exercise.
  2. Tap All exercises and look for Walk.
  3. Tap on the gear icon and look for the option to disable Start Workout Reminders.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @CDN_SeanThank you for sharing your Product Feedback with the Fitbit Community. Before anything else, let us explain that the Google Pixel Watch 2 can automatically detect and remind you to start and stop several activity types including walking and cycling. To turn off the auto detection, see the steps described here under Exercise with your Pixel Watch.

On the other hand, if you're referring to something different, please reply with more detail or specifics on how this idea would work, or what problem this is trying to solve. We look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry but I find this page does not clearly explain how to turn off auto
detection of exercise on the pixel 2 watch. Can you just reply to this
message with the clear outline of steps.

Thanks!

Sean
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @CDN_Sean. Thanks for checking my previous response and to turn off the automatic detection on your Google Pixel Watch 2, please do the following:

1. On your Watch, open Fitbit Exercise.
  2. Tap All exercises and look for Walk.
  3. Tap on the gear icon and look for the option to disable Start Workout Reminders.
Best Answer