Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does editing calories work for activities?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my Ionic for a while and always manually start my activity tracking before beginning a workout. I am getting a chest strap monitor to more accurately track my exercise calories. What is the best way to incorporate the calories readings from the heart strap? Should I delete the Ionic activity and replace it with a manual activity with the heart strap calories? Should I not record anything with the Ionic and just manually add the heart strap? Is there a way to just edit the Ionic activity with the accurate heart strap calorie burn?

It'd be awesome if I could sync the heart strap (myview) monitor to my Fitbit but I don't think that's possible.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @clucernoni, awesome to have you here in the Fitbit Community, welcome aboard! My apologies for the late response and this is an interesting question.

Note that is not possible to edit calories of exercise that has been previously recorded by your Ionic . Also there is no way to incorporate the calories from your chest strap, unless you add a manual activity. However this will depend of which activity are you doing.

The reason of this is because all steps, calories, and active minutes recorded by your watch  are overridden for the duration of a manually logged activity by the activity's entered values. This ensures that your steps are not counted twice as long as the manually logged activity has the correct start time and duration. So it could be a good practice if you find more accurate the calories of your Chest strap. After you enter the manual data, it's optional to delete your exercise.

Hope this helps and let me know if you more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes