Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know if the Firmware update was installed?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a notification yesterday that I had a firmware update to run.  Tried multiple times and it would not sync with my Charge 2.  Even tried it with the watch on the charger and no go.  Now I can't find the notification.  How do  I check to see if the update went through?  How do I know what version of firmware is current and what I have?

I have been having trouble syncing for several weeks.  Sometimes I can do it on my phone but if that doesn't work I try the Ipad and vice versa.  Very frustrating.  Last weeks recap said I only walked two days.  I usually don't check the app but am trying to do so daily now to make sure it syncs at least every other day.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @squeegy, good to see you around. I was reading you are having troubles to sync and you are not sure if you tracker was updated successfully.

One way to know this, is if you are not able to see an update available in the app, then the tracker was updated. The other way is doing a restart on your tracker. After the tracker restart, the screen will display the number of firmware version it has.

To know which version of firmware is the last one, refer to our article: What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update?

If you are having troubles to sync, I would suggest to give it a try to the steps of this thread: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

Keep me posted if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Posted to wrong thread. Ignore.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes