Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to log food using the App?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can log food into my computer but do not know how to log it from my phone. I am synched to both.

Moderator Edit: Edit subject for clarity.

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

OK , I had the same issue .  I didn't have the Food tile on my app (android) so I couldn't log food on the app.  I could only do so on computer.    I contacted support and they told me how to add the food tile. 

- start app

- select Discover from the bottom ( compass icon ) 

- select health and fitness stats (heart icon, was at the bottom for me ) 

- select the green apple icon Food , Calories & macros  

when that opens hit the button that says ADD TO TODAY  

Now you will have a green apple icon on your today dashboard that you can use to log food.  

Wow!!  Amazingly deep dive required to add something that you would think should be part of the standard load.    I'll have to hunt around Discover to find out what else I'm missing .

Grace,   your answer from 2014 seems to be out of date.  

I'm new to the app (android) and I didn't have a knife and fork. 

I eventually learned that I need to drill through several levels of discovery to add the food tile to my page.  When I did get it added the icon is a green apple, not a knife and fork. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I agree - this should not be so hard. I've had a Fitbit for over a year and your post finally showed me how to log food. Thanks so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are so welcome. I feel that it is still very tedious to do, once you do know how. Have fun with it. And keep on trekking;)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have fitbit app on my Android phone. I recently joined premium.

I cannot find any place to log food.

When I open the app I see a place to log water.

When I click on the tile with all the blue dots, I don't see anything about logging food.

I don't see any knife and fork tile.

?????

Edited:

I found it. When you open the app, at the top beside "Today" there's a little button that says "edit"

Click that and you're taken to a page where you can choose to ADD "log food" and other choices,too. The log food button on my app has a picture of an apple (not a knife and fork)... Wonder why this is different in different people's apps? 🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! This is the direction I needed! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got a decade of logged meals. When it becomes tedious it's not going to be an effective tool to use. The best tip I can share regarding food logging is to create meals. It's significantly easier for me to click omelet for instance and have all the ingredients propagated, vs. adding them indirectly, and if I leave out or add an ingredient, it's simple to delete or modify one item vs. the half a dozen items. What Fitbit would greatly help us with is if we could photograph a meal (not a works half the time barcode) and have it approximate the ingredients from the picture, but that's just a pipe dream, LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes
I find logging food on Noom is way easier than on Fitbit. Why can't they
learn from each other.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Judypequotlady what's noom? If you feel it's a valuable tool that Fitbit could incorporate into our apps, may I suggest sharing this in the app feature forum, as perhaps they'll consider including it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good idea. Noom is a plan for weight loss by changing your approach to food
and exercise. Let's see if Fitbit would like to adopt their app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Judypequotlady sounds like a great app! Definitely, understanding the relationship between food and health is key towards ongoing wellness. I've lost >100lbs with exercise and diet. I suspect diet played a major role, but exercise makes us feel good and the more muscle we accumulate, the more fat we burn resting, so they complement each other well. I really hope that Fitbit takes your suggestion into consideration. They've done good things before connecting other apps and sometimes even buying other companies to incorporate their technologies, one example being their Pebble acquisition, which resulted in the animated screens on newer trackers. I'm more into the tracking than the fun features, so the noom sounds cool! 

Something that's really helped me that may be of interest is time-restricted eating. Instead of focusing on what I eat, I restrict when I eat and it gives me more energy and fat burning 😎

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no food panel. I have logged out of fitbit, shut down the app, restarted my charge 5 phone and still no food panel. 😑 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no "food section". Samsung S22, Charge 5. Logged off, Restarted still no food section.. frustrating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes