Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent the app from running in the background?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Is there an option to not have the app continue to run in the background (short of manually killing the app)? I disabled all the notifications, as well as the all day sync/always connected options, so I don't see any reason why the app would need to keep running...
Eric Jain
Got data? Get answers at zenobase.com.
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@ejain, if you have notifications, All Day Sync, and Always Connected disabled disabled, the app isn't doing anything in the background so there is really no reason to stopping it - it isn't using any data during this time.  But, if you want to totally stop it, you can log out of the app or do a Force Stop until you need to re-open it.

Best Answer

@ejain I have turned off Background data in the Fitbit App as  precaution.

Tap on Android Settings, Apps and notifications, Fitbit and turn it off there.

@USAF-Larry wrote:

@ejain, if you have notifications, All Day Sync, and Always Connected disabled disabled, the app isn't doing anything in the background so there is really no reason to stopping it - it isn't using any data during this time.  But, if you want to totally stop it, you can log out of the app or do a Force Stop until you need to re-open it.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
Specifically, what remains running in the background is the "Fitbit Sync Service". Unless I quit the app immediately after doing a successful sync...
Eric Jain
Got data? Get answers at zenobase.com.
Best Answer
0 Votes