Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove sync service notification without a device?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I have the Fitbit app installed, but I do not own a Fitbit device. The sync services notification continuously shows in my notification drawer. I can't get rid of it unless I tap on "sync" and it will reappear sometime after. I have looked up how to turn this off but every place says to go into my device settings within the app. Without a device connected, though, I can't figure out how to disable this.

Also, the sync services notification will show "Last synced time: null" - just figured I'd let you guys know.

Thanks for any help with this,

- Matt

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @MattRom.

Thanks for taking the time to look around to find a solution to this situation.

In this case I'd like to recommend that you tap and hold the notification on your phone. That should give you the option to turn it off. Then tap on Done and the notifications should then be gone. 

I hope you find this useful. Let me know if there are any other questions on the matter.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LanuzaFitbit !

I appreciate the response. I have also tried that but I do not get those options. When I hold on the notification all I get is "minimize" and "keep showing". Minimize does just that, the notification stays, but it's just collapsed. I am on a Pixel 2 on Android 9 using Fitbit app version 2.95 (20213397).

I have attached screenshots of what it shows when I hold on the notification and also the "Last Sync: null" bug. 

Screenshot_20190624-102253.png

Screenshot_20190624-102300.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MattRom.

Thanks for sharing those screenshots and trying what I recommended.

In that case you can go into your phone's Notifications Settings and turn off the notifications from the Fitbit app directly. That will stop them from showing on the notification tray.

Hope this helps out! Let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes