Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P Smart not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got my Huawei p smart 3 weeks ago. Worked fine with my charge fitbit for the 1st week  now won't sync or even connect to my fitbit. Keeps saying its found me but won't connect? All ready uninstalled the app and reset down loaded. Any ideas please

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

try this i have the honor 9 - Honor View 10 

1 Go To Settings on Your Phone 

2 Go To App & Notification

3 All Apps

4 Scroll To Fitbit App 

5 Permission Toggle All On 

6 Notifications - Make sure Toggle Is On , Make sure Enabled Sync Is on 

7 Go to Battery 

8 Choose Launch 

9 Make Sure Automatically Is Toggled Off , Make sure In Manage Manually Auto Launch , Secondary Launch ,Run In Background Are All Toggled On 

10 See if notifications work , You May Need to Restart Your Phone Once , Also You Can Turn Of Notifications Dots , And For Toast Notifications In Status Bar , Worked for me , Have been Getting Notifications for The Past 5 Hours , No Red Warning About Service Not Running , Still a Bit Of Delay in Getting a Notification But Least It's Working , Try It See If It Woks For You 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Hello there @Tracymurray, nice to have you here as a new member of the Fitbit Community! It was found Huawei models are not compatible as the latest P8 and P9 lite due to issues with the Bluetooth.

About the model you mentioned, still there is not an official word, but is not in our list of compatible devicesDue to the large number of Android devices, Fitbit has not yet tested all models to guarantee its functionality. If a device is not listed on fitbit.com/devices, this means we haven’t yet tested it.

It would not hurt to try the following suggestions though: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@RobertoME@ will you be testing the compatibility of the Huawei P Smart? I am missing my syncing my alta on my app. 

Best Answer

Please fit bit can you sort out syncing to huaweH P smart asap. Thank you

Best Answer

try this i have the honor 9 - Honor View 10 

1 Go To Settings on Your Phone 

2 Go To App & Notification

3 All Apps

4 Scroll To Fitbit App 

5 Permission Toggle All On 

6 Notifications - Make sure Toggle Is On , Make sure Enabled Sync Is on 

7 Go to Battery 

8 Choose Launch 

9 Make Sure Automatically Is Toggled Off , Make sure In Manage Manually Auto Launch , Secondary Launch ,Run In Background Are All Toggled On 

10 See if notifications work , You May Need to Restart Your Phone Once , Also You Can Turn Of Notifications Dots , And For Toast Notifications In Status Bar , Worked for me , Have been Getting Notifications for The Past 5 Hours , No Red Warning About Service Not Running , Still a Bit Of Delay in Getting a Notification But Least It's Working , Try It See If It Woks For You 

Best Answer

Thank you, did this and it finally connected, I had to have a bit of patience after putting the PIN in, but it is connected and synced. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you that appears to have worked will try over the next few days and see how it goes
Many thanks

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Dottiesuzie@Tracymurray  and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @bowesvikki. My apologies for the late response.

About your concern @Dottiesuzie and @bowesvikki. This information is not disclose to any of the Moderators team. With the intention of not provide false expectations to our Community of Fitbit users, in the scenario the mobile phone in question is declare as not compatible. I know many users are eager to see more Huawei models among our compatible list and rest assure if I got more updates I will let you know.

@Ta2man great suggestion, I have seen you have mentioned this and it seem is working this workaround. I appreciate your help on this topic and I marking your post as solution. I believe other users might find useful your recommendations.

See you around. If I got more information, I will be happy to share it with all of you.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Good morning i have been successfully using the fitbit for the last week after doing what you said the only thing i cant get to work are the calls coming through as an alert on the fitbit? Have you had any trouble?

Many thanks

Tracy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoke to soon. P smart not syncing again with my charge. Worked perfect for the last 2 weeks

Best Answer

try restarting the phone and the watch - that what kept happening tom and so i gave up i love huawei phones and honor but i ended up buying a galaxy a5 201`7 cause of the dame syncing issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Done that several times such a shame was going so well

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this with my huawei p smart but it still doesn't work 

Best Answer
I have up simple just dose not went back to android wear

Regards J Moss
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've scowered the community pages to find out how to sync my P20 and my wifes Y6.

The P20 will connect after leaving it to sync for like an hour or sometimes 2.

The Y6 cannot sync.

Essentially the dev guys at fitbit are substandard programmers and approach the bluetooth stack like amateurs. 

To get around the fact they don't know how to adapt to timeouts in the stacks you have to use a compatible device to do the initial sync/pairing while logged into your account on that compatible phone.

When you log in again on the non-compatible phone the device will appear as it synced its paired device through the cloud.

Now my wifes Y6 actually syncs. It took me days to find this work around. I thought Id have to log in under to accounts under my phone and sync both our fitbits that way. It actually syncs better on the Y6 than on the P20 that would aleast after hours sunc/pair initially.

Basically the timeouts on the Y6 stack turn off the bluetooth while the fitbit is running through its trainsmash of syncing code.

So just sync on a compatible device while logged in and viola, it actually works.

Best Answer

Sync on a firends compatible phone while logged in. Then go back to your phone and the device will be synced. It worked for my wifes Y6 which would not initial sync no matter what shenanigans you tried.

Basically the fitbit programmers don't know how to write bluetooth code that can sync with differing timeouts. This effects the initial sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But the issue with this is that if the Fitbit that's connected to the one device to sync you don't get notifications from the device you want it to sync with you only get 1 set of notifications from the device it originally synced with because it can only be sync to 1 device at a time for notifications . That's my understanding unless I .Wrong 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my fitbit for one year now and still will not sync with Huawei phone. 

Best Answer

We all need to email Fitbit and Huawei

Best Answer
0 Votes