Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot log in in the Android app. "Fitbit.com is unavailable" msg

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to log in the Android app it says:

"Network operation failed.

Fitbit.com is unavailable. Please try again later."

I have reinstalled it and keeps saying the same. If I choose remember password, it also says the same.

I have a Moto G, Android version 5.1. Before it was working fine... although with problems for syncing so I deleted the data and reinstall, and then the problems started.

I need some help :'(

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This was due to a site-wide mobile outage that has now been resolved. App login and functionality should now be working normally. Thanks everyone for your patience while we worked to fix this.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Awesome troubleshooting @D7Torres

Have moved this thread from the Charge HR to the Android App section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@D7Torres A warm welcome to the Community! Please check the following things: 

- You're able to access the internet through your phone's browser and you have a strong wifi or cellular connection. Please also visit:www.fitbit.com to ensure we are not currently experiencing temporary network issues. 

If after this you're still getting the error, certificates on your Android phone for the Fitbit App needs to be enabled. To do so, please try the following: 

1) Make sure your current date and time are correct. The easiest way to do this is to visit Settings // Date & Time and make sure that the "Automatic Time Zone" and "Automatic Date & Time" are both checked. 
2) Make sure that all certificates that reference Fitbit.com are enabled on your handset. The easiest way to do this is to: 
- Open Settings // Security // Trusted Credentials 
- Make sure that all certificates that start with either "AddTrust" or "AddTrust AB", as well as "COMODO" are all enabled. To enable, click on the entry in the list, then scroll down and click the "Enable" button 
- Then reboot your phone (this is required to register the changes in the certificates.) 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted. 

@SunsetRunner Thanks for moving the post! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

After a couple of days, now is working. I didn't do anything different, and the internet connection was working fine...

www.fitbit.com was ok in my computer. But I guess the part of the server taking care of the mobile apps connections was not working correctly or something.

Thank you for your help!

Best Answer

Fab @D7Torres

Happy Fitbitting, 

You to @SilviaFitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@D7Torres - I experienced a similar situation yesterday with my HTC One M9 phone and the Fitbit app, which didn't make any sense.  I was walking through a wildlife preserve and I opened the app to check my stats. I got a message that Internet service was not available.  I opened Firefox and was able to browse the web, and I checked my e-mail, which downloaded several messages, so the phone had Internet service. But, the Fitbit app said it didn't have service available to it.  Later, when I got back to where the truck was parked, I opened the app again, and it immediately synced with the tracker. No idea why the phone had service, but the app said it didn't.

Best Answer

Ticking the certificates worked. Thanks

Best Answer

When I try to log in on the app, it now tells me that my email or password are invalid. 

I have updated my password, uninstalled and re-installed app from play store and still no joy

Best Answer

I have the same problem. I was logged put of my on my Galaxy S7 in the middle of a sync. I thought I forgot my password  (I didn't) I changed it and when I went to log in w said changed password I still couldn't log in. Is there a system update or something? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing just happened to me. Nooooo! 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Galaxy s8 same problem,  now it just say unavailable or no connection 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Galaxy S6 here...I can log into my dashboard online with my password, but when I try and log into the app it tells me my email/password is invalid.  Restarted phone twice, did not work.  As I have seen quite a few people with the same issue I am not bothering to change my password...looks like they need to a bug fix on the ap ASAP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, same problem here. It either says "no network connection" or "invalid email or password" or sometimes "fitbit.com is not available", have to assume it's an issue they are having on their end?

Hopefully gets resolved soon. 

Best Answer

I have performed all the steps you have listed and still receive the no network connection error. I was logged in to the App before my workout. It then logged me out and gave me the check email and password error. I reset my phone and the error changed to the no network connection. I can log on to the website just fine.

I have the Google pixel XL.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with my Google pixel XL phone

Best Answer

Hi everyone,

I've just brought a fitbit charge 2. I was really keen to get started, however when I started with the app it will not let me log in. Messages have ranged from maintenance, no connection and my password is incorrect. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and changed the password with no luck. I know the password is correct as I can log in on the computer. Please help?!

Thank you

Best Answer

It looks like the app has crashed and they are working on trying to get it back up and running.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, Thought it was me doing something silly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem.  Was working about 2 hrs ago, then all of a sudden it stopped syncing, booted me out, and won't let me log back in

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue - android app on Samsung phone keeps telling me "Fitbit unavailable" or giving me a username/password error message, but I can logon fine on PC.  .

Best Answer