Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icon disappeared

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

After performing the update this morning, my icon has disappeared.

It is not listed on my device at all!

The only way I can find to launch the app is to go into google play , and open from there.

Phone is a Sony Xperia M2

I've tried rebooting, but it didn;t fix anything.

If I re-install the app, will I lose my badges, awards, current challenges?

Best Answer
6 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

All your data is safe onto your Fitbit Account @Bmyers1972

When in the Google Play Store, viewing the app's page, there's a button to uninstall before reinstalling freshly from the app store.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

All fixed thanks for your help 

Best Answer

Cat Happy @Bmyers1972

Feel free to explore the discussions forums to Share Your Story, Get Fitter, Find wonderful Fitbit Friends, Sharing Recipies and much more.

Noms

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

Hey my friend @Bmyers1972 Woman Very Happy, would you mind to share what you did in order to bring the Fitbit icon back? I've the same issue with my iPhone, but I friend on mine fixed for me lol.. what was the trick?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi MarreFitbit,

To bring the icon back I opened the Google Play store, and then uninstalled and re-installed the app from the Google Play store.

All of my data and current challenges were retained and I didn't lose any data / configuration. The icon appeared back on my home screen 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

All your data is safe onto your Fitbit Account @Bmyers1972

When in the Google Play Store, viewing the app's page, there's a button to uninstall before reinstalling freshly from the app store.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All fixed thanks for your help 

Best Answer

Cat Happy @Bmyers1972

Feel free to explore the discussions forums to Share Your Story, Get Fitter, Find wonderful Fitbit Friends, Sharing Recipies and much more.

Noms

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will do thanks

Best Answer

Hey my friend @Bmyers1972 Woman Very Happy, would you mind to share what you did in order to bring the Fitbit icon back? I've the same issue with my iPhone, but I friend on mine fixed for me lol.. what was the trick?

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi MarreFitbit,

To bring the icon back I opened the Google Play store, and then uninstalled and re-installed the app from the Google Play store.

All of my data and current challenges were retained and I didn't lose any data / configuration. The icon appeared back on my home screen 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the the info my friend Smiley Very Happy, now I know how to bring my icon back.

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes