Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate step count after update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As of yesterday, after an update, my step count has suddenly jumped as well as my active hours.

I know for a fact I did not do my 250 for some of my hours. After it began not counting them I quit doing them. There were at least 2hrs I didn't do any steps yesterday, was stuck at my desk, but it shows I made the 250.

Also, to walk around my front yard is/was around 370 steps. Last night after only a couple rounds it showed nearly 1500.

Hey, it looks good to my 'friends list' people but I know I'm making all those steps. What gives?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @musicwielder!

Thanks for bringing this up. We definitely do not want steps to be tracked on their own, that would just undermine your actual achievements. 

There are several things that could cause your Fitbit to overestimate how much you walk. Please consider the following:

• If you're wearing it looser that before, that could cause the Fitbit to swing around more than usual and thus count more steps.
  • If you switched the hand on which your tracker is, that could also cause some difference.
  • Have there been any differences to your everyday routine? Are you swinging your arms around more often on your daily activities? Or while working?

Please let me know if none of the above could be the reason so that I can take a closer look.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer