Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inappropriate messages sent through PM's, Please help?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have been trying to report a male community user who is sending me inappropriate messages through the Fitbit app.

I have blocked them but I would like to report the user so this doesn't happen to any other members.

I've gone through the chat application to report but they told me they couldn't help and told me to report it through facebook or twitter.. which have given me zero response.

If there is a moderator that could help me, I would really appreciate it.

I have a case number if that helps.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong area to be posting this but I could not start a new topic in the help area.

Thanks!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Susibug7 Sorry to hear that - please report the message by following the instructions here under "How do I report Fitbit community posts, users, and groups?"

Our team will take appropriate action on all flagged content.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I'm so sorry this is happening.

I have flagged your post so a Moderator and come by and help you out

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have contacted Facebook, Publicly and privately. Twitter support, Fitbit customer service via chat..

and the website they prompted me to doesn't actually exist?

Is this a joke?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EclipticHowl, any time you get an inappropriate PM, report it immediately by clicking on the Report link immediately below the message.   The moderator to will address the PM, and advise you of the action(s) taken.

Best Answer

@EclipticHowl Sorry to hear you had that experience. It sounds like this took place in the Community Feed in the Fitbit app, and not here on the Community Forums. If that is the case, the best course of action is to report the content on that platform, so that our moderation team can take a look.

I will reach out to you via PM to make sure we've got the details, so that appropriate action can be taken.

Best Answer

Thank you everyone, very much for the help, it seems it took a little time but it is being addressed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So how do you actually report a user who is direct PM inappropriate requests?

Best Answer

I am getting these types of messages too. How do you report them other than posting messages? 

Best Answer

@HunterEb, at the bottom of the PM, there is a link to report the inappropriate message:

Report.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please message me as well. Someone who claims to be in the Sudan is asking me to transfer money from his bank. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Susibug7 Sorry to hear that - please report the message by following the instructions here under "How do I report Fitbit community posts, users, and groups?"

Our team will take appropriate action on all flagged content.

Best Answer