Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues with Alta HR Google Pixel 3XL

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Help!  My fitbit alta hr stopped syncing with my Google Pixel 3 XL last week on 10/16/20.   I have reset the fitbit, turned bluetooth on and off, restarted the Pixel 3XL,  removed the fitbit app and reinstalled it, allowed more permissions.  I even unpaired it from the app, but now cannot pair it again!   Very frustrating 😸

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Same thing happened to me, down to the day, with a Pixel 2xl. Can't reconnect the tracker, just stuck after putting the code in. 

Best Answer

Hi @Civilcon and @leibnitzfreak, welcome to the Community Forums! 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check all the information that's specified on: How do I set up my Fitbit device? to check if all the requirements are correctly configured to setup your device. Then, you can move forward and try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same exact problem. Except I have a Pixel 3a and mine last synced on 10/14/20.  I restarted, uninstalled, resynced and tried all the other options in this post. I can get the tracker to give me the sync code, but once I enter it, I get a screen that says "not working" with some trouble shooting options I already tried. I tried both my phone and the laptop. Its like the bluetooth on the tracker stopped working, except the phone BT can find the tracker, it just can't sync

Best Answer

I've tried all of this multiple times and none of it works. I can get to the code input screen when trying connect to the app and then it fails. 

Best Answer

I had the same problem and I've managed to resolve it (at least for the time-being). I was wondering if the app was timing out when trying to reconnect because of the backlog of data since the last sync. I'd get it to load a connection code when trying to add it again, but then kept getting the "Not working?" screen.

I downloaded the fitbit app on my laptop and tried to connect it that way - it took ages (even had a message saying "It's taking a while but we're working on it") but it did eventually connect to my laptop and all of the data that had been missing since the last sync was on there.

I then tried to add it again on my Pixel 3XL - connected within seconds.

TLDR:
1. Download fitbit app on your laptop/pc (/potentially another device?)
2. Add the tracker - will probably take a long time but wait it out
3. Once it's added on your laptop try to add it again on your phone app.

Update 26/12/20: still working and syncing fine (has also seemed to have resolved the battery issues my AltaHR was having, I assume due to persistently trying to sync and failing).

Best Answer
0 Votes