Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatibility between Alta HR and Galaxy J6

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey

My alta hr and Samsung Galaxy j6 started having sync issues and stopped receiving notifications in late dec 2018 (around the time of the last OS update)

Since then to try and fix the problem I've reset everything and unpaired the devices, but now the galaxy j6 is unable to detect the alta hr at all even in the setup stage.

This stage works fine with:

-my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the Alta hr

-and also The Samsung Galaxy j6 and a Fitbit Versa

So I can only guess there is a specific problem between the j6 and the alta hr?

Is this a known issue?

Any info would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Thank you 🙂

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I've just found a solution for my problem.

The only way to consistently have my phone and watch sync, was to uninstall the fitbit app and then pair my alta hr with the phone and then reinstall the app and complete the regular steps as normal.

It now works perfectly even to the point that the alta hr will even receive the notifications the phone sends.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Aidan18 Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! Sorry to hear that your Alta HR isn't syncing with your Galaxy J6. If one Fitbit works with your phone then there shouldn't be a problem with another device. Your phone doesn't show as compatible but that doesn’t mean it won’t work it just means that it hasn’t been tested by our team. You can try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Thanks for the advice,

I've been able to get it to start syncing after reconnecting it to the Galaxy J6 a few times and it now records everything and saves it fine.

The only problem now is that the Alta HR still doesn't receive notifications from the Galaxy J6 and also doesn't come up as a paired device in its bluetooth tab. And trying to pair them gives the error message:

-Couldn't connect with Alta HR CHeck Alta HR settings and try again.

And this is when i can get the phone to be able to discover the Alta Hr by turning the Bluetooth off and on.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I've just found a solution for my problem.

The only way to consistently have my phone and watch sync, was to uninstall the fitbit app and then pair my alta hr with the phone and then reinstall the app and complete the regular steps as normal.

It now works perfectly even to the point that the alta hr will even receive the notifications the phone sends.

Best Answer
0 Votes