Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect caller ID

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

No matter who rings me my fitbit tells me the same person all the time.any advice please?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Lisacarp, welcome to the Community Forums, it's a pleasure to assist you today. Sorry for the delay in responding your post.

I appreciate the information that was shared in your post. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which Android mobile device you're currently using? Also, when was the first time you experienced this and how many times since then? 

If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to see that all the necessary requirements to receive notifications on your Alta are correctly configured and to re-setup notifications. After verifying this, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thank you for your reply. I have a Samsung a5. And phone and fitbot were
working fine together until a few days ago when it just started saying the
same person was ringing no mattrr who was. Any help would be much
appreciated.
Best Answer

I have a Samsung Note 9 and the same thing is happening with my Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again, sorry for the delay in responding. Thanks for your reply and update @Lisacarp. Welcome to the Community Forums @Firenfifty.

@Lisacarp The details that were shared in your reply are appreciated. As it turns out, you're using a mobile device that's not compatible with our products and services, therefore, you may experience certain connection difficulties because of this compatibility concern, Fitbit app, Android and device updates. That being said, can you please try with a compatible device instead so we can determine if the root cause of this inconvenience is related with your mobile device? Keep me posted.

@Firenfifty Thanks for your post. To move forward with this situation can you please let me know if the steps that were shared in my previous post were taken into consideration prior to posting? Looking forward to your reply. 

I'll be around.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, the steps were taken before I posted.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue here with a Galaxy S6 that was previously working just fine.  

The issues with this company/app/device are becoming so problematic that you are on the brink of losing a large number of customers from what I can see!

Best Answer

Hello, its a pleasure to continue providing assistance, sorry for the delayed reply. Welcome aboard @Nussnacker and thanks for your update @Firenfifty.  

Thanks for letting me know about this situation and for troubleshooting your devices prior to posting. I'd like to let you both know that we’re aware of this specific inconvenience and working to identify a resolution as soon as we can. We're sorry for any trouble this may cause and appreciate your patience while we look forward to getting you both back on track with this inconvenience completely resolved.

My best advice at this moment will be to keep your Fitbit app and Android version up to date.

Don't hesitate to contact me back if anything else is needed, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes