Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect push notifications with goals

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For several days now, the fitbit app for Android is sending me notifications that I have met or exceeded my goal for the day, despite the fact that I am actually nowhere near it yet. I see no way to turn off those notifications. The only notification settings on the app apply to phone calls and text messages. 

I'm sure this is just some odd glitch, but it is puzzling.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Good to see you again @amylacc. My apologies for the late response and certainly an odd behavior if you are receiving notifications of achieving goals when you are not near of it.

If this is a glitch, I would like to recommend a restart on your app: log out from your Fitbit app, finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

You can also disable this, by accessing on your  Push Notifications in the app under Account > Notifications.

Hope this helps and let me know if there are other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Good to see you again @amylacc. My apologies for the late response and certainly an odd behavior if you are receiving notifications of achieving goals when you are not near of it.

If this is a glitch, I would like to recommend a restart on your app: log out from your Fitbit app, finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

You can also disable this, by accessing on your  Push Notifications in the app under Account > Notifications.

Hope this helps and let me know if there are other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has actually stopped happening. I didn't have to do anything. Maybe there was an update or maybe it was just a glitch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes