Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect steps total briefly displayed on app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Pixel 3 - just got it in October. Sometimes I will check my phone app and it will give me an outragious step total, like I know I've walked 6,00 steps and it says 43,000. It eventially resets to the right total, but WTH !!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @sheikyerboudi. I'm glad to see you here again and I'm sorry for the delay.

That's fantastic news! You're welcome and I'm glad the steps posted above worked on the Fitbit app to show your information correctly! In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Discussion Board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

By the way, if my post was helpful to your inquiry, choose it as "the Best Answer" to help other friends that might be having similar issues.

Hope to see you around more often! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @sheikyerboudi. Welcome to the Forums.

Congrats on your new phone and thanks for letting me know about the Fitbit app's behavior. I know how you're feeling as this shouldn't be happening. Your Pixel 3 appears in the compatible devices list and to further investigate, may I know if this happens when trying to sync? Is the Fitbit app updated to the latest version? Also, by any chance do you recall to have linked MobileTrack previously in the Fitbit app? MobileTrack is a feature to record basic stats such as steps by using your phone's sensors. If this is linked to your account, it might be that when opening the app those steps are the first ones to sync before being override by the information tracked with your actual Fitbit when it syncs.

Assuming this will be the case, you can remove MobileTrack by doing the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the profile's icon.
  2. Under "Devices" look for MobileTrack and tap on it.
  3. Then, tap the trash icon.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove it from your account.

I'l be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - unpairing the pedometer function did the trick.

Best Answer

Hi @sheikyerboudi. I'm glad to see you here again and I'm sorry for the delay.

That's fantastic news! You're welcome and I'm glad the steps posted above worked on the Fitbit app to show your information correctly! In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Discussion Board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

By the way, if my post was helpful to your inquiry, choose it as "the Best Answer" to help other friends that might be having similar issues.

Hope to see you around more often! 

Best Answer
0 Votes