Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information missing for a time span

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can see in the app that I am missing some step / heart rate information for a particular time span (00:50 - 10:40). Also since this is during sleeping hours, I do not have sleep stats for that day.

I can verify that at least during 08:30 - 10:40 my fitbit was working as expected. For example I could see my current heart rate both on my fitbit and the fitbit app (I didn't check the steps). I was performing manual sync though the app in regular interval during that time.

I performed both a mobile and fitbit restart at around 10:00 am. I also noticed the "Always Connected" was OFF. I normally have the "Always Connected" enabled, I do not know how or when it was switched off, but I enabled it again as soon as I realized it. 

Nothing of the above actions seem to fix the issue. The issue was fixed by itself some time later.

Mobile Phone: Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) running the latest Android Pie

Fitbit: Charge 3 running the latest firmware

Mobile App is updated to the latest version.

Any Ideas? Is this something known?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @athafoud.

Thank you very much for those detailed and structured replies.

It is certainly possible that for some reason the Charge 3 didn't record your activity. My recommendation in this case is that you keep an eye on how it works and if this happens again. I do not think that it will happen again, but if it does please let me know right away.

Please keep me posted on it or let me know if there are any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @athafoud.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing those details and everything that happened.

It is very possible that your Fitbit app didn't correctly download all of the details from our servers, which would explain why the information did sync later, it was downloaded from the servers. 

Whenever this happens in the future my recommendation would be that you log out of your account and then log back in. That will force all information to be reloaded to the servers and thus should display everything correctly.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LanuzaFitbit 

Thanks for the reply.

Just to be clear the fitbit started syncing after a time (10:40) and onward. I am still having a gap between 00:50 and 10:40 for all the data. It is like I was not wearing the fitbit at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @athafoud.

Thanks for the clarification. 

In that case please do try to log out and then back in. That should help so that the data starts displaying again. 

Keep me posted on how it goes and if the data is still missing after that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again,

I already tried that! I tried to clear app data and cache, uninstall and install the app again. I have also restarted my Charge 3.

The data is still missing! 

Is it possible to check if any data for the specific time span exists on server?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @athafoud.

Thanks for bringing that up and trying all of those steps.

In this case I'd like to ask you some questions to better understand what could be happening:

• Has this happened more than once?
  • What date did this happen on?
  • Is it all data that is gone or only some of it?

As for checking on the information, it is not possible for us to access any of it. Having said that, if something synced then it should be showing up on the servers.

My final question is about when the Fitbit started syncing, did it just start syncing on its own or did you set it up as if it was a replacement? Did you try any steps to resolve the syncing situation? 

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LanuzaFitbit,

Find below my answers to your questions.

Has this happened more than once?

No, it happened only once and I do not see any way that I can replicate the issue. I did not do anything different that day, from I what I do any single. For your reference my everyday routine is: Turn Off WiFi / Mobile Data / Bluetooth on phone -> put the phone on charger -> sleep (wearing the FitBit) -> Wake Up -> Turn back on WiFi / Mobile Data / Bluetooth on phone -> read the new on the phone -> open FitBit app -> request a manual synchronize -> review sleep stats

What date did this happen on?

Monday, June 10, 2019

Is it all data that is gone or only some of it?

*All Data (Floors / Steps / Heart Rate / Distance) is missing for several hours 00:50 - 10:40 for that particular day. Before and after this time span, everything is synchronized as expected.

when the Fitbit started syncing, did it just start syncing on its own or did you set it up as if it was a replacement? Did you try any steps to resolve the syncing situation? 

From 08:30 and onward I did several manual synchronizations. The was showing success on all of the synchronization, e.g No error messages or 'reds', the indicator on the right upper corner in the device icon was green, "last sync" had the correct time and I could see my current heart rate at the tile. In addition to the manual synchronizations, I restarted both the Charge 3 and the mobile phone and I turn on the "Always Connect" option, which mysteriously was Off (I do not recall turning that off)

As I see it probably my Charge 3 did not record any data for that time (however I can confirm that it was on my hand and it was working fine), or for some reason it decided to omit the  data. 

Best regards,

Thanasis

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @athafoud.

Thank you very much for those detailed and structured replies.

It is certainly possible that for some reason the Charge 3 didn't record your activity. My recommendation in this case is that you keep an eye on how it works and if this happens again. I do not think that it will happen again, but if it does please let me know right away.

Please keep me posted on it or let me know if there are any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LanuzaFitbit,

Thank you for help!

I will accept your last reply as an answer in order to conclude this thread. 

I will post back to this thread if anything similar happens in the future.

Best regards,

Thanasis

Best Answer
0 Votes